• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 11-12 Potential Storm

stormtracker

Everything since the U.K. Yesterday has been a let down. I was really waiting for things to jump on board. And yesterday when the gfs came in big then the ggem improved a lot and the U.K. said hell yes I really thought that was it. But then the euro was a let down. The EPS another move the wrong way. Gfs has degraded some. We lost the U.K.  And now we have ons model that is close...and everything else has a squashed not gonna happen look. Am I missing anything?

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

Everything since the U.K. Yesterday has been a let down. I was really waiting for things to jump on board. And yesterday when the gfs came in big then the ggem improved a lot and the U.K. said hell yes I really thought that was it. But then the euro was a let down. The EPS another move the wrong way. Gfs has degraded some. We lost the U.K.  And now we have ons model that is close...and everything else has a squashed not gonna happen look. Am I missing anything?

Yes.. this is what I see and what I was alluding too as well. There are way too many "We need this and that and the other" to make this work. You get more than one variable to move at this range and I lose hope! I mean, the variables get removed and I am in. Would be funny to see the EURO swing our way, but no one would trust it! You are right on! I was sold yesterday about this time! 

5 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

noon was amazing yesterday. The GFS had a near HECS..UKMEt came in with a HECS...GGem got close.....we all thought the euro was going to shift but Dr no came back stronger than ever and won again

Just now, mappy said:

yeah, i was searching for a snow map to see what it did up in our area. not well i take it? 

The cutoff was sharp. Westminster south was good. 5" plus. But I think where I am was only 2" from like .08 qpf. That's not gonna cut it. Even the totals south were aided by high ratios. It was a powder storm. The real dynamic precip was towards richmond. I don't think a repeat would end well for anyone really. 

5 minutes ago, Ji said:

i am guessin Feb 5-6 isnt #1 analog anymore?

analogs are great because there's always something to cherry pick

4 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Also the 4-8" the D.C. Area got was aided by high ratios. That same event would be 1-3" now imo. 

blerg

Ugh the gefs individual members are worse then the mean. Things are skewed by a few north outliers. But the consensus is southern VA hit. About half the members don't even get Richmond into the best precip. And a good cluster get nothing north of NC. 
Whens the next fail

Just now, gymengineer said:

The satellite picture you posted shows snow in an E-W orientation with Winchester in the midst of the snow. Are you sure you're thinking of the right storm?

yeah was about to ask if he lived somewhere else at the time. of course the lwx page seems to be lost with the site update.

Just now, gymengineer said:

The satellite picture you posted shows snow in an E-W orientation with Winchester in the midst of the snow. Are you sure you're thinking of the right storm?

I live NW of Winchester. But I could be confusing it with another storm. They all seem to blend together the older I get :)

16 minutes ago, Ji said:

the GFS is slowly killing is

12z yesterdaty--amazing

18z--south--red flag

00z yesterday--great run but not as good as 12z

6z disaster

12z good run but not as good as 00z

even our recoveries are going south

I am dead inside from the roller coaster. Gotta play more HiM.

4 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

Yeah, it was cold as balls for that 30 JAN storm and also, well, January. Every flake stuck instantly on that one.

the point of an analog is more to match the pattern than the results per se. I thought it didn't need to be said that our results were better in Jan with temps in the teens than they will be in mid-march. this is more the idea that maybe it will still come back. I think that one also disappeared a bit in a similar range before then trending north every run for the last two days or so. 

Archived