Newest Member
    joxey
March 11-12 Potential Storm

stormtracker

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Kmlwx said:

Wait...are you saying you're not focusing on what is arguably the most important level for tracking these things (500mb)?

Honestly no. I don't have the expertise to reliably comment on those things. I just know that in the past, amped and north means the run has been good. Looks like that may no longer be the case.

looks like it may still be south...for now...but maybe this can take a last minute jog north like jan 2010 did if the northeast low relaxes a bit.  might need a slower system for this to work out.
Last minute jog? 18hr lead time yesterday storm....models widespread 12-18" snows for SE PA became isolated 12-18" totals with massive shift to NYC. Volatility in the pattern will yield huge last minute shift and we are nowhere near "last minute" with this threat yet. Just my $.02 based on recent experience.

1 minute ago, Ji said:

more amped--slower moving....slower moving---more time for the 50/50 to move out

This was originally a Tuesday/Wednesday storm when it first popped up - then move forward to Sunday into Monday. The earlier time for it isn't helping with respect to getting the storm we just missed to a better blocking location.

There are always ways we fail.  But that GFS run tells me we have a long way to go before we throw in the towel.  Heck we are talking the slightest of adjustments and this could be a MECS.  And the ways we fail have been well detailed by the big guns on the forum.

Just now, SnowGolfBro said:

There are always ways we fail.  But that GFS run tells me we have a long way to go before we throw in the towel.  Heck we are talking the slightest of adjustments and this could be a MECS.  And the ways we fail have been well detailed by the big guns on the forum.

thats a very fair statement.

keep clubs in closet for a couple weeks bro :)

2 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

I can't say I'm thrilled.  But I'm not bummed either.  I think 12z tomorrow is the real deal.  We still got time troops. 

agreed.  couple subtle shifts in either direction yield a large difference in IMBY snow totals for many.

Archived