Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The King Regains its Throne

40/70 Benchmark

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Try to clean every 6 when I can. That snapshot of the yardstick though is just depth on grass so not as precise as the board measurements. Though in this storm it prob doesn't matter that much because there wasn't a big fluff factor. 

Gotcha.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Professional Lurker said:

driveway finally done. Shear pin ftl.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

I thought I was going to snap one. My dirt/rock driveway is thawed out so I kept sinking in and chucking rocks. Time to pave that mofo.

Let's see, things that I've snowblowed: the Boston globe newspaper on two different occasions. It's also not very smart trying to snowblow to the wood pile when there are random chunks and pieces of bark laying around. Yep, ive gone through a few shear pins...i even got the Boston globe so wedged into the auger and chute, that we had to have a guy come and take it apart just so we could get it unclogged. I'm pretty damn awesome!

2 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

Let's see, things that I've snowblowed: the Boston globe newspaper on two different occasions. It's also not very smart trying to snowblow to the wood pile when there are random chunks and pieces of bark laying around. Yep, ive gone through a few shear pins...i even got the Boston globe so wedged into the auger and chute, that we had to have a guy come and take it apart just so we could get it unclogged. I'm pretty damn awesome!

Do you really need a snowblower there? :whistle:

Lol. Earlier this season mine ate a rubber doormat. I had to cut it out, it was a hot mess inside the auger. Lol. I'm sure I'll find chunks of mat all over my yard.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

So is your delivery person, flinging the paper onto the driveway during S+.  ;)

Many years ago I nearly vacuumed a partridge into the machine - was about to run it toward the dog trolley but decided to walk instead.  The bird had done its dive-in-the-snowbank thing during the overnight, and burst out right as I came by, beating its wings on my leg as it fled.

1 minute ago, HimoorWx said:

Wow.  I'm just east of route 24, and I probably almost doubled that.  Had 8+ when I cleared the driveway at 6:00 and it was pouring snow when I left at 7.  Quite the gradient on the south shore.

It’s possible could’ve been more because I was not home but that’s seems to be my best guess. It was quite the  longitude gradient.  I doubt more than 6 inches.  Can’t win them all. 

1 minute ago, CoastalWx said:

It’s possible could’ve been more because I was not home but that’s seems to be my best guess. It was quite the  longitude gradient.  I doubt more than 6 inches.  Can’t win them all. 

Definitely a positive bust for my area.  Wasn't expecting much last evening, but when it changed over it started accumulating so quickly even at 35 degrees.

9 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

I ate a phone book with my last machine.  It got completely wedged between the augur and the body of the snowthrower.  I finally removed it with a reciprocating saw with titanium blade.  There was smoke pouring out of it from all the friction.  The worst thing that has happened to the current one is taking in about a softball size rock and throwing it.  No harm on that one luckily.

Still kind of angry that someone would deliver phone books just as a storm was beginning.  I think it may actually have been the last time they were delievered as it's definitely been awhile.

Archived