Newest Member
    joxey
The King Regains its Throne

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dryslot said:

Jesus H mitch! Wow, That was a incredible stationary band back there.

It's exited my area stage left, but another nice blob seems to be growing to my east.  My two biggest March snows here, 16" and 19", came 8 days apart at the end of 3/2001.  I think this one will fit nicely between them.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

The 11-12" vs 16-18" certainly were aided by the CF that set up right in that axis too. Those higher amounts were where temps were under 31F as noted earlier. Follows that axis well. 

Yeah. I was just on the western edge.  A couple of miles could have meant another 3-5” here.  

Just now, tamarack said:

It's exited my area stage left, but another nice blob seems to be growing to my east.  My two biggest March snows here, 16" and 19", came 8 days apart at the end of 3/2001.  I think this one will fit nicely between them.

You at 17"?

4 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

Yeah. I was just on the western edge.  A couple of miles could have meant another 3-5” here.  

Yeah, we both came in at the low end if expectations.  BOX has had a tough couple of years forecasting Franklin Co.  I have come in under the forecast minimum in all but three storms the last two years. 

1 minute ago, tamarack said:

Was about 14" when I left the house at 8:30 - 12" at 7 and 2-2.5 in the following 90 minutes.  Radar suggests continued moderate snow in the 4+ hours since, so 17 might be about right.  Can't see it from here, though.  ;)

AUG is not that far away...............:lol:

12 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Was about 14" when I left the house at 8:30 - 12" at 7 and 2-2.5 in the following 90 minutes.  Radar suggests continued moderate snow in the 4+ hours since, so 17 might be about right.  Can't see it from here, though.  ;)

Really bringing the goods here again.  Pleased with today’s results.  Last night not so much

Awesome storm. The snow in ORH was def a little more powdery (but still wet overall) which meant less tree/limb damage as further east. In Holliston, it was a wreck...about 12.5" of greasy wet snow on top of the hill there. 

First two pics are from ORH winter hill and the 2nd two are Holliston...you can tell there is definitely a wetter component in the latter two pictures. 

IMG_1070.JPG

IMG_1071.JPG

IMG_1060.JPG

IMG_1067.JPG

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Awesome storm. The snow in ORH was def a little more powdery (but still wet overall) which meant less tree/limb damage as further east. In Holliston, it was a wreck...about 12.5" of greasy wet snow on top of the hill there. 

First two pics are from ORH winter hill and the 2nd two are Holliston...you can tell there is definitely a wetter component in the latter two pictures. 

IMG_1070.JPG

IMG_1071.JPG

IMG_1060.JPG

IMG_1067.JPG

Do you measure once or clean the board?

Still snowing. It was fun to get a big one, but I'm totally cool with the season ending on this note. Let's melt it fast so we can get back to running on the trails and opening golf courses in the nice spring weather. 

Had to take 3 detours to get from Maynard to 495 this morning. Main secondary roads in Stow/Bolton area, including 62 and 117 had trees blocking them. managed to find a couple of side streets that were not blocked in sections to get around. Still 350k without power in MA, mainly along a line from Grafton-Merrimack valley/495 corridor. Second storm in 5 days with >350k outages. IIRC these type of events are not THAT common here. I think the Halloween snow storm and Irene were two other recent cases that come to mind.

18 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

IMG_1070.JPG

IMG_1071.JPG

IMG_1060.JPG

IMG_1067.JPG

Did you get your power back?

11 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Do you measure once or clean the board?

Try to clean every 6 when I can. That snapshot of the yardstick though is just depth on grass so not as precise as the board measurements. Though in this storm it prob doesn't matter that much because there wasn't a big fluff factor. 

Just now, Ginx snewx said:

Did you get your power back?

Nope still out. At work in Quincy though now...didn't get in until a few min ago. Interesting drive. There was a lot more snow in Quincy near blue hill than at work. Prob a good 2-3" difference. 

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Nope still out. At work in Quincy though now...didn't get in until a few min ago. Interesting drive. There was a lot more snow in Quincy near blue hill than at work. Prob a good 2-3" difference. 

Randolph 9.5" so makes sense. Just a few miles west made a big difference. 

Archived