Newest Member
    joxey
The King Regains its Throne

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
27 minutes ago, moneypitmike said:

I don't have a ruler so, but I've picked up at least 5" since daylight--probably more.

Ripping fatties and the wind has died dpwn some.  Have one really nice drift--I'll see if I can post a picture later for Gynx.

31*

Still under it here, And looks to be building back NW, Nice snow growth too.

RAD_KGYX_N0R_ANI1.gif

In general, elevation here played a fairly big role. More than I thought it would. Lack of a good high to the north did matter in the valleys (i.e. downtown Hartford vs suburbs). 

Also, BDL and vicinity got screwed between mesoscale bands. Firehose convergence band with low density cement (lots of fine snow) setup from HVN to ORH with the mega deformation band puking dendrites. You could actually see the difference in flakes on dual pol radar yesterday with dendrites preferred from NJ to W CT/W MA. 

Cool storm for sure and a significant amount of damage in some towns - especially on the CT shoreline near where I grew up. 

Update to my snow total.
6.5"

The measurement I gave earlier is at my apartment.  i don't usually measure from the apartment because the house is up at an elevation.  I had asked my daughter to measure this a.m. and she did, but just did not get back to me until now. 

I apologize for any confusion or distress that this may have caused

Just now, dryslot said:

We have picked up an additional 3.5" so were up to 11" and some fatties still falling.

Yeah I can see the back building on radar even back to the areas north of Concord. And the snow has started to intensify again and Dover. Is this the stall in retrograde that was on the models a couple days ago? 

1 minute ago, mahk_webstah said:

Yeah I can see the back building on radar even back to the areas north of Concord. And the snow has started to intensify again and Dover. Is this the stall in retrograde that was on the models a couple days ago? 

It has been modeled here all along for this to slow and back into the Mid coast or DE Maine, So yes.

Archived