joxey
The King Regains its Throne

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
30 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Spanks can verify if he has a 2 footer. 

I wish! Definitely did not see 2 feet, my snowboard was compacted to 12" this morning at 7:30. Where I had cleared a path on the deck, there was 2-3 inches that fell from the deform band and I had 1.25" that I cleared from the board yesterday morning before the main show arrived. So I would say 15-16" and I am at 430' elevation.

20180307_185944.jpg

38 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

My boss just came in an profusely apologize. She said she would never doubt me again. I told her at 4 she should send everyone home, she waited until 530 pm,took her an hour and a half to drive 30 minutes. Everyones car lights became caked making it impossible to see.

I chose not to cancel dinner with a friend.  By the time we left it was crazy and the headlights caking is absolutely real!

Highest I saw for Maine was 18.5" at SFM.  The western mountains were reporting barely advisory criteria - 2-4" - but they'll probably keep accumulating thru most of tomorrow.

The old NNJ homestead area got whacked, with reports of 3-4"/hr.  Oakland, 7 miles NE of where I grew up, had 24.5".  Boonton, 5 miles south of the house, had 22.1".  Parsippany, 4 miles south of Boonton and where we lived for 18 months after our marriage, had 21.7".

56 minutes ago, Ginx snewx said:

sorry , any damage

Yes thanks for asking. Waiting for insurance company to call back. 

What is amazing is I am close to the Merritt Parkway and received 10 inches but never got down to freezing. While 2.5 miles north of me my in-laws were 1.5 degrees colder and they got approx 14 and below freezing. 2.5 miles.

My town is 1 town south and east of where Jim Cantore was reporting from.

7 minutes ago, WxBlue said:

We just passed 18" mark in Dover. We'll probably finish between 18-19". Exact amount TBD.

Sweet! Beat me, but I didn't clear so I might've lost an inch or two to compaction. Shtload of snow either way...these 16''+ storms don't come around every season. 

Just now, DomNH said:

Sweet! Beat me, but I didn't clear so I might've lost an inch or two to compaction. Shtload of snow either way...these 15''+ storms don't come around every season. 

I think you're in the same neighborhood with 18-20". The depth on grass is about 15-16" here.

20 minutes ago, Spanks45 said:

I wish! Definitely did not see 2 feet, my snowboard was compacted to 12" this morning at 7:30. Where I had cleared a path on the deck, there was 2-3 inches that fell from the deform band and I had 1.25" that I cleared from the board yesterday morning before the main show arrived. So I would say 15-16" and I am at 430' elevation.

20180307_185944.jpg

Nice. Yea that’s on par with all of us juuust a tick east of the deform magic along the NY state line.

Chelmsford is a mess.  We lost power at 10:00 PM last night.  Trees and power lines are down everywhere.  We hit 2 different road blocks trying to get to work this morning, and then got a message that it was closed when we were halfway there.  I don't expect to get power back for days...

27 minutes ago, tamarack said:

Highest I saw for Maine was 18.5" at SFM.  The western mountains were reporting barely advisory criteria - 2-4" - but they'll probably keep accumulating thru most of tomorrow.

The old NNJ homestead area got whacked, with reports of 3-4"/hr.  Oakland, 7 miles NE of where I grew up, had 24.5".  Boonton, 5 miles south of the house, had 22.1".  Parsippany, 4 miles south of Boonton and where we lived for 18 months after our marriage, had 21.7".

Sugarloaf reporting 14-18", and texts from my son's friend confirm at least a foot at the base

2 hours ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

9-10" here on NW side of Greenfield. Absolute baking powder cement.  What a banding set up.  I have never see N Adams beat us, let alone get 25", that place is a worse snow hole than Springfield! 

today is gonna be like a national holiday for winter wx enthusiasts up there

Archived