Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The King Regains its Throne

40/70 Benchmark

1 hour ago, Damage In Tolland said:

15” here

2.5 hours of shoveling.Even though it was 28-30 degrees , it was cement

Same here.

Thankfully we still have power.  Everything including the lines are covered and weighed down.

Any word from Mitch in So. VT?  I saw reports of 35" but I don't think that was his location.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, WeatherFeen2000 said:

HOW much did Boston get?

Airport readings per NWS: [7a Snow Airport Observations] #Boston: 5.9", #Providence: 2.3", #Hartford: 8.7"

So pretty certain Logan airport is ≥ 6 at this point, and reports from larger Boston metro area north and west are higher generally in 6-10 range

the reach around snows overnight helped a bit....gonna go with 10 for storm total, could have been a touch more measuring six hours and factoring in yesterday morning

I would accept anything 9-11 here on the very se side of Spfd bordering longmeadow/east long meadow

widow maker/back breaker stuff where they plowed....geez

42 minutes ago, HoarfrostHubb said:

No big storms (20” types) but last year I got over 90”,and am close to 70” so far this season...but no retention/snowpack...  strange seasons

They really are... we had bare ground before this storm.  With out looking back it feels like we went half of February with rotting banks and dead grass. I guess seeing places east, west, south getting 20" storms the past few seasons highlights the dearth of death band jackpots.  

14 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

Just took a walk around Dover.  The Pope and WxBlue will have accurate measures, but man is that of heavy snow.  definitely more than 15" and I can't remember so much snow on limbs.  Very blue tint to the snow, I'll try for a pic...Tip would love it.

Snowboard got additional 7.5".

That's 17.7". Absolutely crushed.

3 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

with compression one could argue 20 fell

Actually, measuring on grassy surface, I'm getting 15-16" on average. That's why you measure on the snow board and clear it off every 6 hours :)

It's still snowing so we're not quite done.

Archived