Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The King Regains its Throne

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, #NoPoles said:

Damn that deform band in WMA/SVT  won't let up. Berk East got annihilated! Can't wait to see snow totals!

Someone in SVT may hit 40".  That thing is insane especially that its still going with the totals coming in of two feet yesterday evening.

2 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

Mitch likely has 4' compacted to 20"  :lol:

The skiing is going to be ridiculous in that area today.  Just suffocation....trench town through waist deep.

Definitely jealous.  That was the band I was thinking would be up here before the last 24 hour slip SE.  Those fronto plots were lining up nicely here.  For once I wasn't worried about QPF if that track happened, lol.

4" of surprisingly pasty snow at my house this morning, every little twig is stacked.  Thinking we may be able to double that by this evening.  Long duration but should nickle our way to decent total by tomorrow morning haha.

2 minutes ago, wx2fish said:

Nice! I'm going with 15.0" now. Parts have a little more but some parts a little less. My decks 14.5-15.5. Im sure it was an inch or 2 more with compaction 

Still snowing moderately here. I haven’t taken a measurement but we’re probably at least 16” here. Lots of snow out there...

Accumulation didn't really get going until about 10 last evening, mod-hvy snow continues, looks like 9-10" - will check after breakfast.  I thought the offices would be closed, but they're just delayed until 10 AM and I have things to get done.   Temp upper 20s, so powdery snow not sticking much to the twigs, though the evergreens are loaded.

Just now, jbenedet said:

Lol. Is it even ski-able? That’s Lake Tahoe type **** right there...

Mitch said it was deform band fluffy... reminds me of like Pete/MRG back in the October 2011 storm.  Like 30" of feathers despite it being October. 

If its paste then no, that's not that fun or easy to ski.  Paste at that amount is great for knee injuries, ha.

22 minutes ago, sbos_wx said:

Measure non concrete and streets. Like decks, etc. If you don't use a snow board.

0.0" on my deck; 0.2" on much of my lawn; 0.0" on my car; 0.0" on the road--at least here where it dead-ends at the water.

Folksup the road literally have stolen my snow.  :) 

Very windy, SN+ continues.

3 minutes ago, powderfreak said:

Mitch said it was deform band fluffy... reminds me of like Pete/MRG back in the October 2011 storm.  Like 30" of feathers despite it being October. 

If its paste then no, that's not that fun or easy to ski.  Paste at that amount is great for knee injuries, ha.

Got up to Magic last night. It is definitely fluff. I’m shak Ng from the anticipation!

Archived