Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The King Regains its Throne

40/70 Benchmark

Just now, DomNH said:

I don't think we're going to see anything Earth shattering so I think it's time to call it a night. I'll hit my foot. Puking snow right now. 

I just want to get into the lower end of my forecast range. Gimme 12 across most of our area and I'll be happy.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Outside of the lottery winners in the tri-state area and the patient folks in the N Berks and S VT,  this will be forgettable for many.  Too much banding, too much wasted qpf and moving too quickly.

Perhaps it’s just my meh-goggles,  but it seems things always move faster than modeled

28 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

why the F is Taunton's rad only popping two f frames a loop -

Last storm knocked out main power and when the gens kicked on, they didn't produce enough power for the radar to operate correctly. Did they lose main power again?

1 minute ago, OceanStWx said:

I just want to get into the lower end of my forecast range. Gimme 12 across most of our area and I'll be happy.

Should happen if were both near or over 8" with still a few hours of decent rates. It is stacking up well again like you just mentioned. We've had decent bands but I wouldn't have guessed sustained 2"/hr at times off radar

1 minute ago, Whineminster said:

Yup, nice little storm here and I'm happy with it, but not getting the 18 or 20" kbox was calling for. I'd rather have 8" of damaging paste anyway 

The latest map range had our area 12-18”, p n c added up to a bit more on the high end, so it sorta should verify.

Leominster is at 10”

1 minute ago, weathafella said:

The good news is the dry slot is shrinking.

1 minute ago, 78Blizzard said:

I noticed that, and there are nice returns to follow it.

That convective looking set of elements to the east of the dryslot will probably gobble it up and it will disappear. There should be some pretty sweet bands for at least a few hours through about 07z or so.

12 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Outside of the lottery winners in the tri-state area and the patient folks in the N Berks and S VT,  this will be forgettable for many.  Too much banding, too much wasted qpf and moving too quickly.

Yeah definitely forgettable. Another CT river valley shaft job

Scott nailed this down here, tip of the cap to him. Basically been non accumulating snow except for the brief heavy burts which haven’t lasted more than 10-20 minutes at a time.

The shredded and banded aspect this took on also aided in undhwelming here.

Doing very little right now, and that stuff in se CT seems to be eroding. This will probably lift north as opposed to swinging through.

Archived