Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
The King Regains its Throne

40/70 Benchmark

2 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

It is, but its also going to lift...we'll see.

The only way it doesn't lift too far northwest of us is if and on if this storm pivots around just southeast outside of Cape Cod when it tries to turn. Then the band will stay with us longer.  The latest HRRR depicted something like this that I saw. We'll see as you say.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

Agreed....see my response to Ray above...the forcing is def shifting to a more easterly conveyor with the storm redeveloping east as the ULL elongates. It should hammer for a good while over E and NE MA.

Basically, if that works out....its 12-16", if not, like 8-10".

2 minutes ago, butterfish55 said:

Changed back to mostly rain here with a few mangled flakes. Glad they didn't cancel school yet. Temp has dropped to 32-33 but can't hold on to snow. Meh, for now, I guess

You'll flip back...dryslot is killing you at the moment....but it won't be long-lived....you can already see the convection trying to organize into a new conveyor that will team up with the CCB trying to develop over central MA and NE MA.

Mar7_955pmRadar.gif

Thoroughly impressed today. 14” last measurement and ripping once again as that western band pivoted back over us here in NW CT. Band also building in from Hartford County. This imo has been a legitimate blizzard warning. From mid afternoon on here and even now it sounds like a 737 is taking off in the backyard the wind is so loud and strong. 

You'll flip back...dryslot is killing you at the moment....but it won't be long-lived....you can already see the convection trying to organize into a new conveyor that will team up with the CCB trying to develop over central MA and NE MA.

Mar7_955pmRadar.gif.6927459a39a316c0516b3e1fefd081e6.gif
Wow, yeah that is exploding just to my east...We'll see shortly.

1 minute ago, ORH_wxman said:

Mar7_955pmRadar.gif

That band in the Berks has been there for hours. 5.5 new

Just now, Weatherexpert said:

Mr meme man in with the daily dose.

waterville is getting POUNDED. Schools closed today and tomorrow, intermittent power loss, snow out of control (but typical northern VT). Let the snow do its thing 

IMG_3231.JPG

Fear not. I intend to let the snow do its thing. 

From my estimation, you need a good pounding.

2 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

12'' and epic thundersnow for sure 

i win?

haha. I dunno 20" sounds nice but the thundersnow i saw tonight i won't forget for the rest of my life, it wasn't that measily distant rumble of thunder it was intense flashes that lit up the entire night sky and crackling thunder you only hear during summertime convection, happened 3 distinct times too. Best since Feb 5 01. 

1 minute ago, The 4 Seasons said:

i win?

haha. I dunno 20" sounds nice but the thundersnow i saw tonight i won't forget for the rest of my life, it wasn't that measily distant rumble of thunder it was intense flashes that lit up the entire night sky and crackling thunder you only hear during summertime convection, happened 3 distinct times too. Best since Feb 5 01. 

That's what I want. The times I've had thundersnow it was a few rumbles and such. I missed the epicness of the October snowstorm b/c I was in VT. 

1 minute ago, The 4 Seasons said:

i win?

Was it blue? The one time I saw it, it was a flash of blue, lit the whole sky up.

18 minutes ago, Zeus said:

SO. 

WE GET HOME FROM DINNER AND THE FIANCÉ HEADS TO BED BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN /A DAY/. BUT DADDY’S NOT DONE YET, OH NO. 

I DIM ALL THE LIGHTS, LIGHT MY WINTER WONDERLAND SCENTED CANDLE WHICH ISN’T EVEN YANKEE BRAND, AND PUT ON SOME DONNA SUMMER AIRDROPPED TO THE TELEVISION WHICH HAS BETTER SOUND.

I’M LIP SYNCING INTO A FRESHLY CRACKED CAN OF MILLER LITE AS I SAUNTER RHYTHMICALLY AROUND THE LIVING ROOM, KING OF MY DOMAIN, WHEN FROM THE BEDROOM I HEAR “THUNDERSNOW” FROM MY DROWSY OTHER HALF. 

****, HE’S RIGHT. I SEE TWO MORE BLUISH FLASHES THROUGH THE WINDOW AND I CRACK OPEN THE FRONT DOOR TO LISTEN FOR THE THUNDER.

I’M IN A BATMAN TEE SHIRT AND SOME BOXER BRIEFS THAT ARE A VERITABLE TOPOGRAPHY MAP OF MY ROYALS BUT I LIVE ON A QUIET SIDE STREET SO I ASSUME IT AIN’T NO THING. THE PLOW COMES DOWN MY STREET AT THAT EXACT MOMENT, TRIGGERING THE MOTION SENSITIVE PORCH LIGHT AS DONNA SERENADES ON FROM THE DEN BEHIND. THE PLOWMAN SEES ME. I LOOK LIKE A GARDEN OF EARTHLY DELIGHTS.

THE SNOW CONTINUES TO FALL. 

THIS HAS BEEN AN OBSERVATION.

it ain't real if there's no pics

Archived