Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The King Regains its Throne

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just measured 5" in Dover. Maintaining 1-1.5"/hr rate since 7 pm and we're just getting started.

4 minutes ago, tunafish said:

you guys are in great spots... next few hours look like max destruction for you

Agree. We're not even close to the best stuff.

1 minute ago, BRSno said:

If we manage to not flip back to rain I think this will over perform here for sure. First inch down. 

I don't see why youd flip back to rain unless you sneak into a sucker hole for a bit...should be all snow from here on out in the meaningful precip.

Radar looks solid

Mar7_945pmRadar.gif

SO. 

WE GET HOME FROM DINNER AND THE FIANCÉ HEADS TO BED BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN /A DAY/. BUT DADDY’S NOT DONE YET, OH NO. 

I DIM ALL THE LIGHTS, LIGHT MY WINTER WONDERLAND SCENTED CANDLE WHICH ISN’T EVEN YANKEE BRAND, AND PUT ON SOME DONNA SUMMER AIRDROPPED TO THE TELEVISION WHICH HAS BETTER SOUND.

I’M LIP SYNCING INTO A FRESHLY CRACKED CAN OF MILLER LITE AS I SAUNTER RHYTHMICALLY AROUND THE LIVING ROOM, KING OF MY DOMAIN, WHEN FROM THE BEDROOM I HEAR “THUNDERSNOW” FROM MY DROWSY OTHER HALF. 

****, HE’S RIGHT. I SEE TWO MORE BLUISH FLASHES THROUGH THE WINDOW AND I CRACK OPEN THE FRONT DOOR TO LISTEN FOR THE THUNDER.

I’M IN A BATMAN TEE SHIRT AND SOME BOXER BRIEFS THAT ARE A VERITABLE TOPOGRAPHY MAP OF MY ROYALS BUT I LIVE ON A QUIET SIDE STREET SO I ASSUME IT AIN’T NO THING. THE PLOW COMES DOWN MY STREET AT THAT EXACT MOMENT, TRIGGERING THE MOTION SENSITIVE PORCH LIGHT AS DONNA SERENADES ON FROM THE DEN BEHIND. THE PLOWMAN SEES ME. I LOOK LIKE A GARDEN OF EARTHLY DELIGHTS.

THE SNOW CONTINUES TO FALL. 

THIS HAS BEEN AN OBSERVATION.

1 minute ago, Zeus said:

SO. 

WE GET HOME FROM DINNER AND THE FIANCÉ HEADS TO BED BECAUSE IT HAS BEEN /A DAY/. BUT DADDY’S NOT DONE YET, OH NO. 

I DIM ALL THE LIGHTS, LIGHT MY WINTER WONDERLAND SCENTED CANDLE WHICH ISN’T EVEN YANKEE BRAND, AND PUT ON SOME DONNA SUMMER AIRDROPPED TO THE TELEVISION WHICH HAS BETTER SOUND.

I’M LIP SYNCING INTO A FRESHLY CRACKED CAN OF MILLER LITE AS I SAUNTER RHYTHMICALLY AROUND THE LIVING ROOM, KING OF MY DOMAIN, WHEN FROM THE BEDROOM I HEAR “THUNDERSNOW” FROM MY DROWSY OTHER HALF. 

****, HE’S RIGHT. I SEE TWO MORE BLUISH FLASHES THROUGH THE WINDOW AND I CRACK OPEN THE FRONT DOOR TO LISTEN FOR THE THUNDER.

I’M IN A BATMAN TEE SHIRT AND SOME BOXER BRIEFS THAT ARE A VERITABLE TOPOGRAPHY MAP OF MY ROYALS BUT I LIVE ON A QUIET SIDE STREET SO I ASSUME IT AIN’T NO THING. THE PLOW COMES DOWN MY STREET AT THAT EXACT MOMENT, TRIGGERING THE MOTION SENSITIVE PORCH LIGHT AS DONNA SERENADES ON FROM THE DEN BEHIND. THE PLOWMAN SEES ME. I LOOK LIKE A GARDEN OF EARTHLY DELIGHTS.

PEAK ZEUS WE WANT MORE

6 minutes ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

Thinking low end of my 8-16"...can already see the banding becoming more diffuse over ne CT.

The CT stuff was always forecast to sort of fall apart after around 03z and newer stuff redevelop over E MA from the east....some of the models were even showing a bit of a qpf gap in CT as that happened. Not sure if the QPF gap will happen when all set and done, but the forcing is definitely shifting.

Hard to say where I'd put you....I could totally see 6-8 there, but then agan, I could also see you just going nuclear between about 11pm-2am or so and clearing a foot with room to spare. Tough call, but thats why we track.

5 minutes ago, Zeus said:

SO. 

/thread

4 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

I don't see why youd flip back to rain unless you sneak into a sucker hole for a bit...should be all snow from here on out in the meaningful precip.

Radar looks solid

Mar7_945pmRadar.gif

I think eastern zones may be in for it a bit later on. You can see it hinted in that image, (tan's as well) how that region between boston and the south coast both looking increasingly convective, but is also connected to an apparent evolving conveyor ... 

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I think eastern zones may be in for it a bit later on. You can see it hinted in that image, (tan's as well) how that region between boston and the south coast both looking increasingly convective, but is also connected to an apparent evolving conveyor ... 

Agreed....see my response to Ray above...the forcing is def shifting to a more easterly conveyor with the storm redeveloping east as the ULL elongates. It should hammer for a good while over E and NE MA.

2 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The CT stuff was always forecast to sort of fall apart after around 03z and newer stuff redevelop over E MA from the east....some of the models were even showing a bit of a qpf gap in CT as that happened. Not sure if the QPF gap will happen when all set and done, but the forcing is definitely shifting.

Hard to say where I'd put you....I could totally see 6-8 there, but then agan, I could also see you just going nuclear between about 11pm-2am or so.

I bought that in my final call...forcing translates east under them a bit, then up and over us.

I think anywhere from 6-12".....

Archived