Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The King Regains its Throne

40/70 Benchmark

4 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Not sure how they seeing 24-28” spots.It’s a uniform 10-16” out this way with isolated lollies 18-20”. Almost Impossible with max 2” qpf, in heavy water content snow 8:1 ratio at best, to put up 28” unless your slant sticking. Maybe the high elevations like norfolk had more fluff factor, that’s the only way. 

I agree with what you just typed.  I still believe that a 12-20" swath will be from your area and elevations to a northeasterly direction to inland northeast Mass to extreme southeastern New Hamshie.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, weatherwiz said:

We've been sitting in this band for hours. It's still ripping out there. I'll take another quick video 

lol of course I move right before winter, 15 miles east, and I miss the rotting band. Same stuff happenned when I moved out of CT 1 week before Feb 13 becs. Holy jinx.

You should be at 16” or so by now?

2 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

lol of course I move right before winter, 15 miles east, and I miss the rotting band. Same stuff happenned when I moved out of CT 1 week before Feb 13 becs. Holy jinx.

yeah have to be at 16'' now...it's still coming down at like 1.5'' to maybe 2'' per hour. We are just on the westward fringe of that band. I wish it could sit over us another couple hours. 

41 minutes ago, BuildingScienceWx said:

Complete destruction here... my THIRD tree just fell. Two on the fence, one on the shed.. :hurrbear:

Wow. I haven't lost any trees yet, but I have a branch down across the line to my house and I could hear tons cracks and pops all over while I shoveled. Up to 11" here.

8 minutes ago, BrianW said:

They power situation is pretty bad down here. Tons of towns completely out. My power has been flickering and surging so bad I shut everything off to prevent damage to anything. Just have the lights on.

Capture.JPG

I wish they showed percentage instead of raw numbers.  Some of the towns up the NE part of the state are also nearing 100% but because they have so few customers, it doesn't show as bad.

7 minutes ago, RUNNAWAYICEBERG said:

Dont feel bad i missed every big storm that was well over 12" in the past 20 years for one reason or another. 

Just now, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Still a ways to go... not panicking yet. Euro still had a good amount of snow here, didn’t know it’s flipped that late.. could still do well.

That’s why I’ve been eh about this. Not going to be good for myself or perhaps you. Can’t win em all. Pretty awesome event for those that got a foot.

Just now, H2Otown_WX said:

Used to live a stone's throw from Thomaston. Good spot, way better than this sh*thole.

I remember you man. I moved back in 2011 to Virginia, but we were already coming up here for the week storm or no storm. I got lucky to experience this. There is well over a foot outside for sure. The snowfall rate an hour ago was just mind boggling. Shreds of paper just crushing down.

6 minutes ago, sankaty said:

Still S+ here, but not quite the crazy rates as before.  That western band is insane.  I'm guessing someone will break 30".

About 12" here.

S8MEPbg.gif

I thought Philly had won the Jackpot this morning with 10-15.  If that deathband is really ripping powder 6"/hr at the high elevations in the Berks than someones definitely over 30 already.

19 minutes ago, wxmanmitch said:

26" total when I measured about 30 minutes ago. Absolutely freaking nuts under this band with 18" in ~3 hours. Pure dendritic fluff! It's getting rather difficult to measure due to drifting. Snow still going strong, but flake size has decreased a little as the band appears to be pivoting east slightly. 

Holy ****

7 minutes ago, Professional Lurker said:

Definitely on the outside looking in with regards to that amazing deformation band. Hopefully it spends some time overhead soon. I'd guess 5 or 6 down already.

Sent from my SM-G920P using Tapatalk

Cold baking powder. 29F SN.    Our totals won't be impressive but pretty solid base snow.  Hoping to get a little treble before it ends. 

Archived