Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The King Regains its Throne

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, Damage In Tolland said:

You posted a pick earlier and I saw a branch drooped  like a boob over your wire. You up to 10” yet?

10" on the dot. I just knocked the snow off that branch, it's not pushing on the line anymore. There's a few trees in my hood that are on the ragged edge of taking out a few poles on a normal day, so if we come out of this without a some kind of prolonged outage (in my area) I'll be surprised.

Just now, Nikoss427 said:

10" on the dot. I just knocked the snow off that branch, it's not pushing on the line anymore. There's a few trees in my hood that are on the ragged edge of taking out a few poles on a normal day, so if we come out of this without a some kind of prolonged outage (in my area) I'll be surprised.

They lost power over by the Snip towards Ellington line. Under 500 feet

26" total when I measured about 30 minutes ago. Absolutely freaking nuts under this band with 18" in ~3 hours. Pure dendritic fluff! It's getting rather difficult to measure due to drifting. Snow still going strong, but flake size has decreased a little as the band appears to be pivoting east slightly. 

1 minute ago, wxmanmitch said:

26" total when I measured about 30 minutes ago. Absolutely freaking nuts under this band with 18" in ~3 hours. Pure dendritic fluff! It's getting rather difficult to measure due to drifting. Snow still going strong, but flake size has decreased a little as the band appears to be pivoting east slightly. 

Awesome man. Congrats on TWC apparently.

17 minutes ago, H2Otown_WX said:

Except here, somehow I won't break 9".

Not sure how they seeing 24-28” spots.It’s a uniform 10-16” out this way with isolated lollies 18-20”. Almost Impossible with max 2” qpf, in heavy water content snow 8:1 ratio at best, to put up 28” unless your slant sticking. Maybe the high elevations like norfolk had more fluff factor, that’s the only way. 

Archived