Newest Member
    Dano62
The King Regains its Throne

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
12 minutes ago, Semper911 said:

Ha! That's what I was thinking! (You crack me up Tip)

:D

I just mean that the air can't flow toward the low pressure from inland as easily, but as you get closer to the coast where there is less land-based friction ...the air starts to move faster in that smoother open environment. But, it has to do so strongly to make up for the slower rates upwind/inland.

Quasi meaning fake ..because it's not like a real isallobaric wind acceleration, which is what happens when deep low starts to depart and the surrounding higher pressure starts rushing ...

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

:D

I just mean that the air can't flow toward the low pressure inland as easily, but as you get closer to the coast where there is less land-based friction ...the air starts to move faster in that smoother open environment. 

Quasi meaning fake ..because it's not like a real isallobaric wind acceleration, which is what happens when deep low starts to depart and the surrounding higher pressure starts rushing ...

Hey thanks -- actually pretty simple when you put it that way. I admire you though for not holding back your vast vocabulary.

Archived