Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The King Regains its Throne

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
14 minutes ago, Typhoon Tip said:

I think you guys have a kind of quasi stationary isallobaric wind acceleration due to your proximity to the coast and having fairly rapidly deepening low pressure passing south of you. It's accelerating from your position out toward the low a bit ageostrophically because of those circumstances...

Just a hypothesis.

Ha! That's what I was thinking! (You crack me up Tip)

1 minute ago, KoalaBeer said:

Question. Does LWM tend to run high on there temperature readings? It's something I've been curious about this season. Check out the personal weather station obs around it compared to the official 38 at LWM. 

CurrentObs.PNG

They seem to be running high in most scenarios for some reason. Sometimes like 3F too high 

I just got home from work in Portsmouth.  It was a mix of slushy rain and catpaws when I left, no accumulations.  Around Epping it transitioned to heavy snow and 101 got real greasy. Lightened up once I got to Manchester.  1" or so at home.  It looked like the area just before Candia had a couple inches of accumulation.  

Hi all! Still in EMA...where I've been since about noon on Friday.   After filming a little damage footage along Surfside rd. In Minot, MA, and the afternoon high tide..begun to drive WSW towards the Worcester area to document the snowfall there.  

Norwell, MA 38f/+RN

Oh yeah, uploaded raw, completely unedited cell-phone footage of huge waves crashing into and over ocean-front homes, and me, at Minot, MA...during height of the afternoon high tide. 

https://youtu.be/AIO0IEkuS-w

27 minutes ago, Yukon Cornelius said:

Been stuck in the snow hole that’s running from Gardner southwest to Springfield. Hopefully that fills in soon. 

Yeah it has an odd orientation. i've been snowing pretty hard here but baking powder.  4.5" but the .5" has  taken the last 90 minutes.

Box:

7 PM Update...

Rain/snow line at 7 PM was just west of Lawrence and Bedford,
just east of Franklin MA and Westerly RI. This line is moving
east, and should cross the Boston and Providence metro areas
before 10 PM. Heavy snow which is to the west of that
changeover line will bring accumulating snow to these areas
overnight.

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

Yeah it has an odd orientation. i've been snowing pretty hard here but baking powder.  4.5" but the .5" has  taken the last 90 minutes.

2 minutes ago, HIPPYVALLEY said:

It looks like Mt Snow is getting wrecked.

Archived