Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The King Regains its Throne

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, KoalaBeer said:

Still raining in Salem, NH and LWM with a 37 degree reading last hour come on now. Was expecting to see some mixing here but not this much but I'm being patient..for now. Looking at SPC mesoscale analysis can't be long now. 

Coastal front has been near the MA/NH border. I'm like 5 miles north of Salem and its been all snow and I'm up to 2.5". Should gradually pull back south as winds turn more Nery and rates pick up. 

1 minute ago, TauntonBlizzard2013 said:

Pouring rain.... snow mixing in though.

hopefully this isn’t like Friday where I’m squinting on and off for six hours trying to see the snow.

I think it may take awhile to cool though when it does flip. I mentioned earlier it may take a bit to stick as it snows at like 34F. 

The real stuff is moving in so anyone in metro west and prob N RI who was rain or mix should flip. 

Saw semper's post from Woonsocket that he just flipped. Ripping in Holliston now after a couple hours of white rain mix. 

You have to have a death wish to get on the parkway during any kind of wet snow or windy conditions. 4 inches here in Greenwich right along the sound (suspect lots of compacting and compression). Snow is very heavy, and has stopped for the moment. One last gasp I think as that band that is traversing NYC comes through here.

1 minute ago, wx2fish said:

Coastal front has been near the MA/NH border. I'm like 5 miles north of Salem and its been all snow and I'm up to 2.5". Should gradually pull back south as winds turn more Nery and rates pick up. 

I think we're up to about 2", but I'm about to clear my snow board. Very nice enhancement from the CF.

pretty sure the models/blend therein averaged out to the bulk of this between 03 and 09z from what I saw...

I'm interesting in when the CCB head gets more going here ...that may be when the lion's share of the eastern zone deposition takes place.

1 minute ago, Typhoon Tip said:

pretty sure the models/blend therein averaged out to the bulk of this between 03 and 09z from what I saw...

I'm interesting in when the CCB head gets more going here ...that may be when the lion's share of the eastern zone deposition takes place.

Isn't that the case in every storm

2 minutes ago, Spaizzo said:

Had large grumbles and heavy wind pouring snow right now in Ansonia . Wind sounds like a summer storm rolling in. Thought it was a plow but none around!

I think you guys have a kind of quasi stationary isallobaric wind acceleration due to your proximity to the coast and having fairly rapidly deepening low pressure passing south of you. It's accelerating from your position out toward the low a bit ageostrophically because of those circumstances...

Just a hypothesis.

5 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

The real stuff is moving in so anyone in metro west and prob N RI who was rain or mix should flip. 

Saw semper's post from Woonsocket that he just flipped. Ripping in Holliston now after a couple hours of white rain mix. 

Really ripping here now and starting to stack a bit. It happened very quickly. MetroWest hang on, it's coming. Listen for the wind to pick up (and the gutters to quiet lol.)

7 minutes ago, CoastalWx said:

I think it may take awhile to cool though when it does flip. I mentioned earlier it may take a bit to stick as it snows at like 34F. 

Nice! A friend in Windham said all snow so I figured we were straddling it here. Interesting how it snowed lightly all afternoon here and then switched to rain as the sun went done. 

Archived