Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The King Regains its Throne

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, WinterWolf said:

I’m at 4” now..had one inch early this morning..so at 5 inches total..and going gang busters now.  Towns west of me have 10-12 already..so some of those big numbers are gonna verify out here/west.

Can't count the earlier snow because it was a seperate event then, this is the real storm now.

3 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

21z RAP went ballastic for E MA tonight...that's like 3" per hour stuff.

Yeah 9pm-2am period looks great... has been doing that for several runs, not sure how much I believe it.

It also keeps r/s line changeover through Boston not before 9pm...

Honestly the best thing I'm taking out of it: glad it's holding and not ticking the better dynamics too far south as hinted on 18z RGEM.

1 minute ago, wxsniss said:

Yeah 9pm-2am period looks great... has been doing that for several runs, not sure how much I believe it.

It also keeps r/s line changeover through Boston not before 9pm...

Honestly the best thing I'm taking out of it: glad it's holding and not ticking the better dynamics too far south as hinted on 18z RGEM.

How in the world does the 18rgem miss south with best dynamics?

1 minute ago, 40/70 Benchmark said:

How in the world does the 18rgem miss south with best dynamics?

Obviously 18 Rgem doesn't miss, but it does tick the low southeast, a trend that it's been having for several runs now. I'm just wary of systems escaping further southeast with every run.

5 minutes ago, jaf said:

Looks like the R/S line is hitting a brick wall from PVD to BOS.

The Euro had virtually no snow for the 128 belt thru 4pm.  The r/s line starts collapsing between 4-7pm.  Between 7-9pm is when most of the 128 belt has flipped and it starts stacking up.  Weymouth doesn't start getting the goods until 9-12pm. 

11 minutes ago, Great Snow 1717 said:

Here in Methuen it's been a mix for about an hour.

East side of town or west? It's all snow on the border of Salem NH / Methuen where I'm at right now. Not sticking to the pavement at this time but I like our spot for the overnight hours. 

2 minutes ago, hammerz_nailz said:

5 miles NW of IJD at about 700'. Rain snow mix all day. Maybe 1/4" on grass but roads have been clear all day.

Really, rain? Weird. Roads are clear here as well but it's only been white rain, not clear rain.

Archived