Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
The King Regains its Throne

40/70 Benchmark

1 minute ago, codfishsnowman said:

the first band which lasted 15 mins or so is the kind of snow I dream about, awesome snow growth and it was ripping quickly starting to accumulate on all surfaces and then poof back to baking soda smoke and mirrors light stuff

that ten minute burst of snow and associated growth is very rare here

i hope that death band makes it up here and crushes bc without it for several hours this will be a very pedestrian event....fingers crossed

That was December 2012 for the whole storm. Any wonder why it's my favorite?

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, mahk_webstah said:

nature of precip is interesting...just had a burst of mod-heavy but now back to light.  almost feels tropical and showery in nature....steady stuff commences in the next half hour though it seems.  Maybe the ocean effect gives that sort of up and down intensity tropical shower feel.

I noticed that too. Better stuff in a moment. 

Models are looking excellent for us to do well.

Just now, codfishsnowman said:

the one right b4 new years that produced a quick foot out east? i had 6-7 here and i remember about two hours of great growth b4 the baking powder

Yup, it was dollar coin aggregates the entire storm down here. 12" in a night's sleep.

It’s going to town now in Southington...everything covered main roads and all.  Roads are very slippery due to the greasy nature of the snow. Accumulating quickly 32 degrees.

it is a wetter snow no doubt...but nothing like what October 2011 was.  You can tell it’s cold above....also Great snowgrowth here. 

Archived