Weathernoob335
The King Regains its Throne

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, JC-CT said:

I would say that the boys definitely could have had school today

Yeah they definitely could have here as well. Hell they could have had a full day. Seems like schools are a lot quicker to throw in the towel these days. 20 years ago it was unheard of to cancel anything the day before.

2 minutes ago, The 4 Seasons said:

Thank you. Some people make mountains out of mole hills here.

I know ill accumulate but i just wasted a lot on white rain, still am barely at .25 while others a town or two over, at a bit higher elevation, are at 4+. 

mountains out of mole hills? I let my cats kill any moles before they make hills. White rain here too. It hasn't really started yet.

Just now, snowman21 said:

Yeah they definitely could have here as well. Hell they could have had a full day. Seems like schools are a lot quicker to throw in the towel these days. 20 years ago it was unheard of to cancel anything the day before.

I remember plenty of school bus rides home in the snow. My kids have had exactly 0 of them.

2 minutes ago, Tolland Death Band said:

Brightenng sky with snizzle here. Not impressed at all, can see where Fairfield Cty could jackpot in CT.

This is all pregame junk....your gametime doesn't really start until about 4-5pm and really fun stuff is 6-10pm.

5 minutes ago, WxBlue said:

Snow is now picking up to moderate pace. Game on.

nature of precip is interesting...just had a burst of mod-heavy but now back to light.  almost feels tropical and showery in nature....steady stuff commences in the next half hour though it seems.  Maybe the ocean effect gives that sort of up and down intensity tropical shower feel.

1 minute ago, mahk_webstah said:

nature of precip is interesting...just had a burst of mod-heavy but now back to light.  almost feels tropical and showery in nature....steady stuff commences in the next half hour though it seems.  Maybe the ocean effect gives that sort of up and down intensity tropical shower feel.

The flakes are heavily rimed, but I’m in the WAA stuff...snowing light but decent here. 

the first band which lasted 15 mins or so is the kind of snow I dream about, awesome snow growth and it was ripping quickly starting to accumulate on all surfaces and then poof back to baking soda smoke and mirrors light stuff

that ten minute burst of snow and associated growth is very rare here

i hope that death band makes it up here and crushes bc without it for several hours this will be a very pedestrian event....fingers crossed

Archived