Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
The King Regains its Throne

40/70 Benchmark

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, snowman21 said:

Yes but the temperatures will hurt accumulations, and the March sun is going to do its job on the roads which is good for people that need to be out in it. OKX has us in 4-8. If it were a month ago or even just 5 degrees colder it would be much better.

I doubt temps will hurt us that much. When the heavy stuff comes in, it will have no problem stacking. Atmosphere is plenty chilly aloft and should mix down some. Snow quality reminds me a lot of October '11 right now. White rain when it's light, nice fluffy dendrites when it's heavier. We will stack just fine when this gets cranking.

5 minutes ago, snowman21 said:

Yes but the temperatures will hurt accumulations, and the March sun is going to do its job on the roads which is good for people that need to be out in it. OKX has us in 4-8. If it were a month ago or even just 5 degrees colder it would be much better.

Also remember that temps will start to drop once the goods really start coming in.

3 minutes ago, Skivt2 said:

My mother just texted me to say "it's not snowing.  Looks like the storm is a bust". She is in central north western CT.  Tried to explain it has not started yet.

I've already gotten two phone calls this morning, gleefully explaining "I heard it's gonna be rain now" and "I heard it went out to sea", respectively. It never fails.

You SW CT folks aren't supposed to get anything worth getting excited over until after 1-2pm. Consider any of the weenie snow bursts you're getting as a bonus or preview. Don't worry if it doesn't stick. Worry if you aren't sticking between 3pm-7pm.

12 minutes ago, ORH_wxman said:

You SW CT folks aren't supposed to get anything worth getting excited over until after 1-2pm. Consider any of the weenie snow bursts you're getting as a bonus or preview. Don't worry if it doesn't stick. Worry if you aren't sticking between 3pm-7pm.

Weenies gonna ween.  Don't know when it's supposed to start/stop.  Gotta learn to read models better and learn Zulu time conversion.

1 minute ago, Skivt2 said:

Just got another text from a friend in mid eastern CT saying "what storm? Kids could have gone to school."  Apparently the public did not get the message that there would be appetizer snow before the main dish mid afternoon.

They're right though. This was a wasted snow day for many districts. Could have easily squeezed in half a day almost everywhere in the state. I understand why schools closed today, but we're coming up on 12:30 with just wet roads in the areas that have had precipitation, and much of the eastern part of the state has temperatures 36-40 degrees right now.

Archived