Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 6 -7 Noreaster Obs Thread

ChescoWx

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Superstorm said:

I BELIEVE as soon as lift from ULL gets involved any rain will go over to heavy snow.

Correct.  Things are a tad late coming together but it's clear it's going to be a fun afternoon and early evening.  Rates this good should overcome the marginal temps and sun angle too.

Been nothing but drizzle and light/almost moderate rain since my last post, and like Iceman the echos Ralph cashed in on were rain here. I'll confirm on the Jersey side that large slakes are now starting to mix in at a moderate clip. Waiting for that warm nose to exit stage SE and/or the dynamics overcome it soon. Not worrying; just looking to maximize the snow portion of my QPF. 4" is nice but 8" is better! Just as I was going to submit I'm hearing some sleet hitting the windows. Hey if it's frozen I'll take it.

I'm under yellow returns on radar but can't even pull off a barely light snow right now. Hoping things start to pick up soon. You can tell on radar that the trough has finally gone sufficiently negative because precip is beginning to blossom to the west and the flow is backing.

3 minutes ago, Newman said:

I'm under yellow returns on radar but can't even pull off a barely light snow right now. Hoping things start to pick up soon. You can tell on radar that the trough has finally gone sufficiently negative because precip is beginning to blossom to the west and the flow is backing.

Its coming - heavy snow with giant flakes under the 35db band in central montco

Archived