Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 6 -7 Noreaster Obs Thread

ChescoWx

Just now, Hurricane Agnes said:

Snow has picked up a bit from earlier from white drizzle to light snow with large flakes.  The persistence of it has been chilling colder asphalt so is starting to stick on those colder street/lot surfaces.

The rain/snow line has progressively moved northward and is now close to the I95 corridor and it will be interesting to see if it eventually halts and doesn't move any further north and west, or retreats east back across Jersey.  Whatever that does will make a difference for those right in the immediate corridor, along its NE to SW tilt - at least for now.

It's going to eventually halt and crash east but it won't be until the se flow is cut off.

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Longtime lurker. Love the site but just felt I had to comment. Why did so many think they would wake up to inches of snow? The storm is going to get going later this morning. NWS has not changed a thing and my guy CrankyWX is very bullish on this. Can't people wait until later this afternoon call bust?

30 minutes ago, Bluescat1 said:

Not as bad as March 2001, but I am afraid it is going to take a miracle, or at least a lot of back building.

Lol I love when this post gets made before the coastal starts ripping in Miller B's. Patience everyone patience. In a hour or two all of se pa will be ripping.

7 minutes ago, LIIFolesMVP said:

Longtime lurker. Love the site but just felt I had to comment. Why did so many think they would wake up to inches of snow? The storm is going to get going later this morning. NWS has not changed a thing and my guy CrankyWX is very bullish on this. Can't people wait until later this afternoon call bust?

Everyone gets super antsy to call bust in Miller B's because they bust frequently. And being first to call it makes people feel great or something... Imo everything looks great n and w may not do as well buy we ll see. I'm not saying anything definite yet until I see the radar in two hours. This thing is just now beginning to explode...

Absolute rakeage has commenced here in Warmimster. First heavy band on radar moving thru and isnt disappointing. Roads went from wet to caving and white in literally 5 minutes! Drive to work from here to Blue Bell at AM should be a blast :-D Enjoy the day everyone and be safe shoveling. Will be back on tonight with totals. Eyeballing around 4" so far here.

Medium-time lurker here off exit 63/64 of 295 just NE of Trenton. Woke up to estimated 1/2" of wet snow on cars and uncovered grassy surfaces. Green(ish) grass underneath trees to this point. Fluctuating between light to moderate snow since I've been up at 530 getting the wife (nurse) off to work. Plain rain working it's way in over the last half hour or so. Now a 50/50 snow/rain mix as I type. Looking forward to working from home today and going through this with everyone. Shoutout to Ralph and Iceman for their contributions to this forum, even in times when it seems they are talking to no one (we lurkers are reading/enjoying!) and criticism that comes in all form, constructive and not. Honorable mention to RedSky for his dry humor and good-grief attitude (and analysis/model descriptions of course). I'd keep going (Kamu, Birds, etc.) but I don't want to leave anyone out and realize this is an OBS thread. Speaking of which, back to light rain at the moment. 

Archived