Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 6 -7 Noreaster Obs Thread

ChescoWx

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, RedSky said:

And the area of "score" vs the area predicted to score was absolutely tiny. They can discontinue the damn NAM now.

NAM does as the NAM will. At least your company didn't make the whole damn staff take a vacation day over misinformed model snow totals... Nice hit for Morris County NJ, near HECS levels for them, the potential was there. Miller B or Killer B? Notoriously difficult to forecast. 

The devil is in the details and seeing is believing. Locally the storm was a bust, almost the entire western semi-circle of the snow shield was a bust compare the actual numbers to the predicted numbers before hand(only talking PA screw all other regions) One very small lolipop of win in the state. Big time under performer and abysmal computer model guidance. Too add the one region of win was only because of an anomalous blob of convection that dumped for a couple hours the storm was far faster than predicted.

march7.jpg

57 minutes ago, RedSky said:

The devil is in the details and seeing is believing. Locally the storm was a bust, almost the entire western semi-circle of the snow shield was a bust compare the actual numbers to the predicted numbers before hand(only talking PA screw all other regions) One very small lolipop of win in the state. Big time under performer and abysmal computer model guidance. Too add the one region of win was only because of an anomalous blob of convection that dumped for a couple hours the storm was far faster than predicted.

march7.jpg

Yep there's me in that lighter blue. I have missed out on the higher totals in every storm this season. Just one of those winters.

still no power this morning... i will say that is getting old. I think every bone and muscle in my body hurt today due to shoveling. Holy cow...definitely heart attack snow. This morning it is straight concrete...i feel for anyone who waited til this morning to shovel. Final tally imby was 9". Had 3 hours straight of thundersnow. despite getting under a foot, i would put this one in my top 5 of all snow storms with the amount of thundersnow experienced. witnessed more in those 3 hours than in my entire life. the most amazing thing is that we completely busted for the first half of the storm with only.5" that melted mostly before the main event. had to be 6 or 7:1 ratio snow for the first few hours because it is just so incredibly dense. the tree damage in my area is much worse than friday. branches and trees down everywhere. really hope power comes back today...

i think march snowstorms in general are very very rarely widespread good for everyone. especially during the day. those who get into banding win and those who miss banding lose. It's what happened friday to me. Now monday looks potentially like a widespread solid hit for all but again banding and elevation will do the best.

22 hours ago, NJ_Ken said:

My mother reports 9" in Cherry Hill but take that with a grain of salt as she is a very unwilling participant in my snowmania.  

6 hours ago, Cary said:

That's about what we had and what a met/trained spotter reported (8.5").

Ken it's probably in the genes :lol:.

Here is the latest snow pile - left us feeling pretty exercised! With the generally cool weather over the next 10 days or so (40's daytime, below freezing at night), it might make it to the end of the month without any supplements. Seems like almost every year since 2014 right around March 31st has been the last day of the snow pile.

Snow-pile-3-08-18.jpg

12 hours ago, KamuSnow said:

Here is the latest snow pile - left us feeling pretty exercised! With the generally cool weather over the next 10 days or so (40's daytime, below freezing at night), it might make it to the end of the month without any supplements. Seems like almost every year since 2014 right around March 31st has been the last day of the snow pile.

Snow-pile-3-08-18.jpg

Wow.  Epic snow pile. By far the biggest of the season. In fact, it almost looks like it was bigger than your biggest last year too. :lol:

17 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

Day 3 No Power: Morale is low and the descent into insanity has begun... :lol:

The folks across the street from my sister in Wyndmoor have been without power since last Friday (that entire side of the street which goes a number of blocks and I just noticed some new outages on her side of the street (in the next block).  She said the PECO out-of-town helper trucks are finally out there right now.

Archived