Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 6 -7 Noreaster Obs Thread

ChescoWx

• Replies 587
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Eskimo Joe said:

So psyched for you.  You're in for a real treat.  You've got 400 feet of elevation and the perfect lat/lon for thundersnow today.

We shall see!  I love love love that new GOES satellite.  The pics are a beaut!  You can see the bands moving up from the south producing the heavy precip.

CODNEXLAB-GOES16-subregional-Mid_Atlantic-02-13_37Z-20180307_map-9-1n-10-100.gif

Medium-time lurker here off exit 63/64 of 295 just NE of Trenton. Woke up to estimated 1/2" of wet snow on cars and uncovered grassy surfaces. Green(ish) grass underneath trees to this point. Fluctuating between light to moderate snow since I've been up at 530 getting the wife (nurse) off to work. Plain rain working it's way in over the last half hour or so. Now a 50/50 snow/rain mix as I type. Looking forward to working from home today and going through this with everyone. Shoutout to Ralph and Iceman for their contributions to this forum, even in times when it seems they are talking to no one (we lurkers are reading/enjoying!) and criticism that comes in all form, constructive and not. Honorable mention to RedSky for his dry humor and good-grief attitude (and analysis/model descriptions of course). I'd keep going (Kamu, Birds, etc.) but I don't want to leave anyone out and realize this is an OBS thread. Speaking of which, back to light rain at the moment. 
Thanks for the obs and the shoutouts. This really is the best weather forum (subforum) here, possibly the net. Not a single pro among us that I am aware of but a plethora of knowledge and level-headed characters here.

12 minutes ago, Physicsteve said:

Medium-time lurker here off exit 63/64 of 295 just NE of Trenton. Woke up to estimated 1/2" of wet snow on cars and uncovered grassy surfaces. Green(ish) grass underneath trees to this point. Fluctuating between light to moderate snow since I've been up at 530 getting the wife (nurse) off to work. Plain rain working it's way in over the last half hour or so. Now a 50/50 snow/rain mix as I type. Looking forward to working from home today and going through this with everyone. Shoutout to Ralph and Iceman for their contributions to this forum, even in times when it seems they are talking to no one (we lurkers are reading/enjoying!) and criticism that comes in all form, constructive and not. Honorable mention to RedSky for his dry humor and good-grief attitude (and analysis/model descriptions of course). I'd keep going (Kamu, Birds, etc.) but I don't want to leave anyone out and realize this is an OBS thread. Speaking of which, back to light rain at the moment. 

Thanks for the shout out. Seeing comments like this help me not question my sanity when talking to myself here at times :lol: seems that our obs are very similar I'm about 5 miles sw of Trenton in pa and have about half inch on grass still and a 70/30 rain snow mix at the moment. But I'm still very high on thinking we see at least 6 inches. Hang tight we should see heavy snow soon!

Just now, bluehens said:

Radar looks exactly like the 2nd storm in Feb 2010 from what I remember. Spokes of snow rotating up as the low got its act together off the VA coast.  Upper energy racing east now too. It’s going to explode within 2 hours. 

Bingo. This is going to be an epic epic afternoon.

Very quickly went from flurries to mod/heavy snow in Kutztown. Hoping for this to come in a little further west than currently modeled but can’t complain about snow in March. Good luck to you guys south and east this looks like an epic afternoon! 

2.1" in Newark DE this morning at 7AM. Rained between 5 and 7AM so figure it was more like 2.5" before compaction. Snowing since 7AM with 0.7" on my board.  Temp 33.3F.  Snow having a hard time sticking on roads / sidewalks. 

second everything physicsteve said about the contributors on this thread. and this board has been great for helping me learn... THANKS!

observations, currently giant flakes at a solid rate here on the thorndale/west bradford border.  had about 4" at 7am and cleared a heavy slushy mess off the driveway.  started piling on much quicker in the past 20-30 minutes...  and just now the rates seem to have increased significantly... rates are probably double whats shown in the pic.

IMG_0543 (1).jpg

Archived