• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    Dano62
    Newest Member
    Dano62
March 7th 2018 Coastal Storm Observations

Rtd208

It's absolutely incredible out in Rockland County! I don't have anything constructive to add in terms of measurement, but I do have these pictures. Keep in mind, plows went past at least 2 times and roads are getting filled back in within minutes38d33e99ba406318bce36d34e1f2cd4a.jpg0ce19c83e31d4f82bfa83947a609cab6.jpg5d88d471189f2aedaa8262a00125ef12.jpg98dc2a5c2c3d503dca2979e6173be3ce.jpg3f2f6c01f97879492f986af1810a0c82.jpg0a3a239eeb1db38741fd8f5409115795.jpg

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, BombsAway1288 said:

Boy that band in north central nj basically running 287 where it's N-S just parked itself over there since 1pm and hasn't moved. Now it's creating subsidence on the east side of it. There will be 16-20in amounts where that band has been

That area of subsidence should fill in shortly as that band tightens up further and the precip shield starts pivoting more eastward.

22 minutes ago, Rtd208 said:

Looks like I am approaching around 4.0" of accumulation here with light/moderate snow falling.

Temp 32

Just measured in Colonia. 3 on the nose. No BS. Heavy band went through and lasted about 20 mins. back to light snow. Can't see making 6 inches here. Bands just don't wanna stall here. Anyway, this stuff is heavy to clean and the blower is useless. Thank God its March and won't freeze in place. 

2 minutes ago, ScottB said:

That area of subsidence should fill in shortly as that band tightens up further and the precip shield starts pivoting more eastward.

Nope. Lightened up a lot. I stand at 3 inches in Woodbridge Twp. This is an observation, not a complaint. It is what it is. Frankly, I wouldn't want to clean 6 inches of this cement.

2 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

Just measured in Colonia. 3 on the nose. No BS. Heavy band went through and lasted about 20 mins. back to light snow. Can't see making 6 inches here. Bands just don't wanna stall here. Anyway, this stuff is heavy to clean and the blower is useless. Thank God its March and won't freeze in place. 

Sorry you're missing out. I'm just a few miles to your west in Piscataway and I'm close to 6 inches now.

Just now, weatherpruf said:

Nope. Lightened up a lot. I stand at 3 inches in Woodbridge Twp. This is an observation, not a complaint. It is what it is. Frankly, I wouldn't want to clean 6 inches of this cement.

Lol I posted that 3 minutes ago. Give it about 20-30 minutes. You'll be back in some moderate snow again. 

Just now, ScottB said:

Lol I posted that 3 minutes ago. Give it about 20-30 minutes. You'll be back in some moderate snow again. 

I really hope not. This stuff is lethal to a middle aged guy. i can't clean it. Not even with an MTD blower. Tried spraying it with PAM, useless. Only a shovel will work. And my son has a bad back, so nature will have to do it.

4 minutes ago, North and West said:

Agreed. We had a beautiful snow here in mid-February; January 2016 was 30 hours. This is like December 2000 when it's all compact in a short time.

The thing is it just won't let up, hasn't gotten lighter in hours.  That band is parked over us.

3 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

You should get close to 6"...about what was expected for your area. The biggest totals were always supposed to be NNJ and Rockland County, and that's exactly where the mega-band set up. 

So you can't cry "bust" because for a lot of people, this is a monster. No more "we don't get big snowstorms in March." Much of New Jersey will end up with 15-20", which is a plenty big snowstorm.

6 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

I was just gonna mention that. I'm hearing crackling noises every few seconds. I've never heard and seen this many tree limbs come down in my entire life.

The outages are going to be crazy I think. I smelled something burning looked outside and a large branch from a pine was resting on the wire and burning, then the power went out 

• BxEngine unpinned and pinned this topic
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic

Archived