Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 7th 2018 Coastal Storm Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, JerseyWx said:

I agree.  The rates between 3-7pm defientely beat out January 2016, and I think any other storm I've ever witnessed.

I think it was Burlington, VT that recorded 18" of snow in 3 hours, or a 6 inches per hour rate sustained over 3 hours!

23 hours ago, North and West said:

2179f61d52bac424f84ecb822d722088.jpg&key=15fae348021f5f3a63e1efde9acfaf52bff48ae22e80a1632a62fcf2a6d6173e

b6f8851dfdd1ad853e329ef1d3306ce3.jpg

Here you go.

Thats actually pretty accurate for here- better than airport totals :P It was close to 4 " here.

Can you find a map like this for past storms, like the Jan 4 storm or even Jan 2016?

17 hours ago, RU848789 said:

Thanks - great graphics!  For some storms, I've seen the NWS Eastern Region publishing snowfall maps for the entire region, but haven't been able to find that (that website is horrible).  The various offices usually do them, except for NYC, often (not up right now) - Philly office just put theirs up, which is nice...

No automatic alt text available.

Wow nice map RU!  Can you get detailed maps like that for past events like Jan 4 or even going back to the historic Jan 2016 blizzard?

Driving to my sister's house today, I really noticed the snow difference just here on SI...I'm north central si and measured 8" from the past storm with still several inch cover today...my sister is about 6 miles west of me just across river from nj, snow cover there is significantly less with many bare areas. I would guess total snowfall there was half of what I measured here.

3 hours ago, doncat said:

Driving to my sister's house today, I really noticed the snow difference just here on SI...I'm north central si and measured 8" from the past storm with still several inch cover today...my sister is about 6 miles west of me just across river from nj, snow cover there is significantly less with many bare areas. I would guess total snowfall there was half of what I measured here.

Thats interesting, one would think that snowfall would go up as you move west.

Archived