Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 7th 2018 Coastal Storm Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

A couple of inches here. Snowing lightly. It's March, but hard to rate this as anything but a disappointment (although this snow is extremely heavy, so maybe I should count my blessings that there's little to shovel). Especially given how the storm ultimately tracked cold. Just crazy shaft/subsidence and jackpot zones even for a storm like this. 

Outside my front door a few minutes ago 

My area 

20180307_194518.jpg

1 minute ago, Gravity Wave said:

1.7 at LGA, good lord. I don't think there was a single SREF member out of 22 or whatever last night that gave them less than 3 inches.

No computer model can accurately take all the mitigating factors into account. We've all seen it - heavy snow echoes, little accumulation.

Just  a heads up since we experienced the same situation recently....major roads turned into parking lots, and people just leave their vehicles there.

since there’s probably hundreds stranded out there right now ..

it’s the stupidest thing u can do, leaving your car theres, so many cars were stolen out here because of it....random tow trucks just came in and took them wherever.

4 minutes ago, winterwx21 said:

I see a report of 22" in Green Brook, WOW. That's just a few miles to my west. We did ok with our 8", but man we just missed out on the huge jackpot amounts.

I literally was just going to post that. That's insane. Maybe that was up by Washington park where it's about 500 feet asl

53 minutes ago, EastonSN+ said:

I am in the subsidence and its puking snow.

It's snowing hard in Hoboken again.  28 inches on the ground so far.  Oh wait, probably not.  I don't know how much we have on the ground, but it's probably in the 8 range, given that Harrison had 2.5 as of 3:15, and that is not far from us (and from that point on it has been snowing pretty hard).  But that's best guess, as I have not been outside in it.

8 minutes ago, seanick said:

I can't believe how much of a difference Brooklyn and queens is. Left queens with 2.5 inches near JFK. Belt parkway was fine. As soon as I hit Flatbush Avenue going west conditions detoriorated fast. Highway was a mess. Probably 4 inches in bay ridge. 

Yup at 5” here bed stuy Brooklyn 

6 minutes ago, Sophisticated Skeptic said:

Just  a heads up since we experienced the same situation recently....major roads turned into parking lots, and people just leave their vehicles there.

since there’s probably hundreds stranded out there right now ..

it’s the stupidest thing u can do, leaving your car theres, so many cars were stolen out here because of it....random tow trucks just came in and took them wherever.

Yeah, people should just stay in their cars for three days and freeze to death!

5 minutes ago, jm1220 said:

I think it’s raining outside now. :lol:

LOL - raining in the "CCB".  Raining in Woodmere as well.

For the second straight storm the GFS had the thermals "right' better than the other crap models. The euro is as worthless as the NAM these days....don't care what you guys say.

Finished with 18.5" in Berkley Heights just an unreal storm somehow we have power watching live transformers blow this is def a hecs in this area  And for those saying that for nyc this was a bust it was purely bad luck if that death band had setup 30 miles east nyc gets 12-18 sometimes thats just how it goes been a long time since the morristown, east hanover, summit, area had a huge snowfall (outside january 16 where we all killed it)  Probably burned 5,000 calories shoveling today it was amazing pics coming soon

This was one of the cooler webcams today, even though it was all rain.  It looks cool now to now that it is snowing at night, although you can no longer see the waves crashing on the rocks to the left and blowing across the drive:

http://www.hamptons.com/South-Ferry-Cam#.WqCLXujwZhE

Its best when there is a ferry loading or unloading...there was one a few moments ago.

2 minutes ago, weatherlogix said:

LOL - raining in the "CCB".  Raining in Woodmere as well.

For the second straight storm the GFS had the thermals "right' better than the other crap models. The euro is as worthless as the NAM these days....don't care what you guys say.

The GFS had rain into NE NJ which was wrong and the NAM was too far West with the heaviest snows.

• BxEngine unpinned and pinned this topic
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic

Archived