Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 7th 2018 Coastal Storm Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

It’s absolutly dumping 3” an hour on the UWS some of the heaviest snow I have seen here in 4 winters of doing snow removal for every storm. This is no joke

You're in a different climate up there.  Most of us in western L.I. got the shaft.  January 4th, now THAT was a storm, those were some of the heaviest rates I had seen (albeit fairly short lived) since the Boxing Day blizzard.  Today was The Flizzard of '18 for most of us in the immediate metro area. 

However, It is pretty out there even though it's only a couple of inches, will take the dog for a stroll in a bit.

1 minute ago, kat5hurricane said:

You're in a different climate up there.  Most of us in western L.I. got the shaft.  January 4th, now THAT was a storm, those were some of the heaviest rates I had seen (albeit fairly short lived) since the Boxing Day blizzard.  Today was The Flizzard of '18 for most of us in the immediate metro area.

Thunderslush 2018. 

Light snow. 3" of slush.

10 minutes ago, LongBeachSurfFreak said:

It’s absolutly dumping 3” an hour on the UWS some of the heaviest snow I have seen here in 4 winters of doing snow removal for every storm. This is no joke

We're in on that in Hoboken.  Hope it can keep up to make up for some of the earlier low totals.

16 minutes ago, Poker2015 said:

This storm was awesome, 12+ here, but pretty much over now...all you people east shouldn't have had your hopes up, it was never really your storm. Models were west to start and never made it enough east...I never believed those high forecasts for NYC and LI...Would be nice to get these models on the same page one day...until then, don't complain when you get screwed, everyone does sometimes

Yeah but I'm 3o minutes down the road and they busted pretty badly here. We stand at 3-4. Almost what I had on 2/6/10....can't believe the gradients on these storms. Go west from me a few miles and there are big differences.

5.1" as of 5:50PM.

Temp is 31.8, the wind is howling and the snow is at least dry enough to be blowing off of roofs now.  We've been experiencing intermittent power outages.  The wind really is cranking now.

We've avoided the dry slot so far.  Snow diminished to moderate intensity, but it looks like heavy snow is about to move back in.

Photo from about an hour ago:

20180307_165626s1200.jpg

25 minutes ago, kat5hurricane said:

This was forecast to be a big snowstorm for the metro area as recently as this morning so naturally a lot of us are disappointed with a few inches.  It's a bust at least for our immediate area, plain and simple.

I'm getting in spring mode anyway so cest la vie.

Agreed

• BxEngine unpinned and pinned this topic
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic

Archived