Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 7th 2018 Coastal Storm Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

I was a 7 mile a day runner. Don't kid yourself. Anyone can have a heart attack in this. 

True, but the majority of people that do have some kind of heart problem. And it's more rare for people with very low resting heart rates to have heart attacks. You said you have diabetes which of course greatly increases the risk of having a heart attack. I will take it easy though and not shovel too fast.

10 minutes ago, Snow88 said:

You do this with everytime

We will see a few more inches but nothing big.

This was forecast to be a big snowstorm for the metro area as recently as this morning so naturally a lot of us are disappointed with a few inches.  It's a bust at least for our immediate area, plain and simple.

I'm getting in spring mode anyway so cest la vie.

1 minute ago, kat5hurricane said:

This was forecast to be a big snowstorm for the metro area as recently as this morning so naturally a lot of us are disappointed with a few inches.  It's a bust at least for our immediate area, plain and simple.

if a flake falls he is all-in

1 minute ago, kat5hurricane said:

This was forecast to be a big snowstorm for the metro area as recently as this morning so naturally a lot of us are disappointed with a few inches.  It's a bust at least for our immediate area.

It’s absolutly dumping 3” an hour on the UWS some of the heaviest snow I have seen here in 4 winters of doing snow removal for every storm. This is no joke

1 minute ago, winterwx21 said:

True, but the majority of people that do have some kind of heart problem. And it's more rare for people with very low resting heart rates to have heart attacks. You said you have diabetes which of course greatly increases the risk of having a heart attack. I will take it easy though and not shovel too fast.

Actually i had a type 2 heart attack, it was not a heart problem at all. It was from bilateral PE's causing my heart to overcompensate as i was suffocating. It's healed and I had no lasting damage from it or the PE's thank God. Can't even see it on an EKG. I walk an hour a day with the old farts in the park. I fit right in.

2 minutes ago, Rjay said:

Only 33 degrees and melting faster than it ever fell :lol:

I just had a fun ride down 27A. Heavy wet snow with giant flakes in Eastern Nassau. Really sloppy road conditions. Now in SW Suffolk much lighter snow with big chunks falling off the trees.

This storm was awesome, 12+ here, but pretty much over now...all you people east shouldn't have had your hopes up, it was never really your storm. Models were west to start and never made it enough east...I never believed those high forecasts for NYC and LI...Would be nice to get these models on the same page one day...until then, don't complain when you get screwed, everyone does sometimes

1-1.5" back home in Chelsea, might make it to 3" if the backend holds together.

What killed this storm for NYC wasn't the early afternoon lull, which only lasted for 90 minutes or so. It was the lack of extreme precip rates. Every hi res model was showing heavy pulses of convection surging off the ocean and over the city from 18Z-22Z with 2-4" per hour rates. Instead, one band came on shore, thumped us for an hour or so, and then parked itself over central NJ. The rest of the snow since then has been garden variety moderate to somewhat heavy snow which would be fine Dec-Feb but doesn't cut it when you have the March sun angle plus 34-35 degree ground level temps. Meanwhile the CCB that all the low res models had parked over the city right about now is nowhere to be found.

2 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

Actually i had a type 2 heart attack, it was not a heart problem at all. It was from bilateral PE's causing my heart to overcompensate as i was suffocating. It's healed and I had no lasting damage from it or the PE's thank God. Can't even see it on an EKG. I walk an hour a day with the old farts in the park. I fit right in.

I'm glad to hear you're doing well. I wish you the best.

• BxEngine unpinned and pinned this topic
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic

Archived