Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 7th 2018 Coastal Storm Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, jm1220 said:

Watch to see if the band over NJ pivots east. I think it will for a time. Looks like snow may be trying to redevelop overhead. Too bad, we had our heaviest snow right before the dryslot. 

I'm really not following the models. None of them that I can recall had drying getting this far north, even the HRRR. Maybe it's a sign that things will linger longer. 

look to the west, that band is razor thin. we'll be lucky to see another 1-2"

Just now, weatherlogix said:

look to the west, that band is razor thin. we'll be lucky to see another 1-2"

If you look at Mt Holly radar, snow may be trying to redevelop on the NJ coast. I think at least part of that band will come through hopefully for a while, HRRR doesn't really shut the snow off until 9pm. And from here the sun will be down and we'll accumulate better. 

Just now, jm1220 said:

If you look at Mt Holly radar, snow may be trying to redevelop on the NJ coast. I think at least part of that band will come through hopefully for a while, HRRR doesn't really shut the snow off until 9pm. And from here the sun will be down and we'll accumulate better. 

hope you are right....very disappointing storm.

12 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

He he. Apparently its ok to say over and over you're ripping, but when you report its a dud in your back yard, that's complaining.....but i like NJWx he's not  rude at least not to me

You should be snowing fairly decently again. Yes?

13 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

Well when you've had cancer, diabetes and a mild heart attack its not a good idea.

Sorry to hear that. You're definitely right. I'm a runner and have a resting heart rate of 40, so shoveling heavy snow doesn't have much of an effect on me. I'm fortunate.

4 minutes ago, weatherlogix said:

clearly this storm isn't our storm....Nj and suffolk...like every other freaken storm

Portions of NJ did not do well. Heavy bands rotated around Monmouth county all day.  Would have loved to have been in that death band

10 minutes ago, qg_omega said:

Massive bust in the white plains area and most of Westchester.  3 inches here with a 15 inch forecast.  Subsidence all day due to mega band over 287 in NJ

Same here. And I am just a few miles from the best bands. Still, I just went out for a drive and even at 3 inches, it is evil out. Stay indoors. Branches falling all over.

1 minute ago, winterwx21 said:

Sorry to hear that. You're definitely right. I'm a runner and have a resting heart rate of 40, so shoveling heavy snow doesn't have much of an effect on me. I'm fortunate.

I was a 7 mile a day runner. Don't kid yourself. Anyone can have a heart attack in this. 

• BxEngine unpinned and pinned this topic
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic

Archived