Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 7th 2018 Coastal Storm Observations

Rtd208

9 minutes ago, North and West said:

MMU is right in that. This feels like December 30, 2000 to me. We've had a about a foot+ or so in 4 hours. 

Yep.  I'm a mile from MMU in Whippany and this is insane.  Sorry to you all on LI with the slush.  I'm going to go for a snow shoe shortly.  Just watched a plow struggle to get through the development, snow shoes may be the only answer for now.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, Big Jims Videos said:

We did a quick live shot at 3:30 from the shop rite in bound Brook.  It was coming down like crazy 

You guys were right by me in the Kinnelon Shopping Center, and Karen Lee is in the Butler/Riverdale area right now.  Very good job reporting by your station today.

2 minutes ago, JerseyWx said:

The thing is it just won't let up.  It hasn't gotten lighter in hours.  That band is parked over us,

Just want to be clear: it's snowing heavily out by you guys, it's been doing so for a while, and it probably will continue to do so.  Got it.

Just now, NYCGreg said:

Just want to be clear: it's snowing heavily out by you guys, it's been doing so for a while, and it probably will continue to do so.  Got it.

He he. Apparently its ok to say over and over you're ripping, but when you report its a dud in your back yard, that's complaining.....but i like NJWx he's not  rude at least not to me

5 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

I really hope not. This stuff is lethal to a middle aged guy. i can't clean it. Not even with an MTD blower. Tried spraying it with PAM, useless. Only a shovel will work. And my son has a bad back, so nature will have to do it.

I'm 40 and I love shoveling heavy wet snow. Great exercise. But I know it would be rough for someone with a bad back. Anyway it looks as if we'll easily reach 8 inches here in Piscataway.

Just now, winterwx21 said:

I'm 40 and I love shoveling heavy wet snow. Great exercise. But I know it would be rough for someone with a bad back. Anyway it looks as if we'll easily reach 8 inches here in Piscataway.

Well when you've had cancer, diabetes and a mild heart attack its not a good idea.

Just now, seanick said:

It could be. We have another 3 hours of snow to go at least. Its not out of the realm of possibility to get 1 to 2 inches an hour. 

it could snow for another 12 hours IMBY at this rate and I wouldn't get much more. I guess I am dry slotted or something, or subsidence. Please note, this is an observation. Not a complaint.

19 minutes ago, North and West said:

MMU is right in that. This feels like December 30, 2000 to me. We've had a about a foot+ or so in 4 hours. 

Thanks for referencing 12/30/2000.  For all the huge storms we've had since then, the poorest visibility / heaviest rates I've ever seen were for about 90 minutes during that event.

Just now, weatherlogix said:

will there be anything after the dry slot? Not sure i see any feasible way for there to be additional snow

Watch to see if the band over NJ pivots east. I think it will for a time. Looks like snow may be trying to redevelop overhead. Too bad, we had our heaviest snow right before the dryslot. 

I'm really not following the models. None of them that I can recall had drying getting this far north, even the HRRR. Maybe it's a sign that things will linger longer. 

• BxEngine unpinned and pinned this topic
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic

Archived