Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 7th 2018 Coastal Storm Observations

Rtd208

3 minutes ago, nzucker said:

It's ripping snow here in the Bronx. Easily 2-3"/hour. Roads covered.

Many reports of 8-12" from New Jersey (West Milford, Sourland Mt). Even Belle Meade has 6".

What are you talking about?

There is 2.5 here. Many reports here are in the same range. I am not blind. Belle Meade is not near me, nor are any of the places you mentioned. Look at a map before you post.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Wetbulbs88 said:

Radar is wholly unimpressive. Oh well. Looks like March just isn't NYC's month the last couple years. 

People think we are making this up. The storm is a yawner here except for a glorious burst around noon that laid down an inch fast with thundersnow. I really thought maybe we would break the March curse and some people did but not here. The bands are west of me. Same ol story.

Just now, WintersGrasp said:

That is nothing short of EPIC SNOW in that huge band sinking SE from Trenton down to near Vineland. WHEW....must be 4-5"/hour with that

In those heavy returns earlier the flakes were cotton balls. Now the lighter radar return have produced the heaviest snow of the day. Ratio increase!  

3 minutes ago, weatherpruf said:

People think we are making this up. The storm is a yawner here except for a glorious burst around noon that laid down an inch fast with thundersnow. I really thought maybe we would break the March curse and some people did but not here. The bands are west of me. Same ol story.

I'm in Piscataway in extreme northern Middlesex County. Very heavy snow here right now and we have 4 inches on the ground.

Just now, Mitchel Volk said:

6 claps of thunder so far today, currently light rain and snow mix at Beaver Street lower Manhattan 3:45pl

Ya know, is it safe to be out in that? I would assume one could get struck by lightning. Always been told if you hear thunder you are close enough to get struck, but I never heard of lightning killing anyone around here in winter.

• BxEngine unpinned and pinned this topic
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic

Archived