Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 7th 2018 Coastal Storm Observations

Rtd208

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, nzucker said:

NWS just upped Manhattan to 9-13". So obviously they are thinking the same thing as I.

You should have more than an inch. We had about a half inch last night and another inch today.

I am in a very different part of the Bronx than you (Concourse, near Mt. Eden). It's possible there was compaction though.

This Afternoon
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. High near 35. Wind chill values between 20 and 25. North wind 16 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.
Tonight
Snow, mainly before 10pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 32. Wind chill values between 20 and 25. Breezy, with a northwest wind 17 to 22 mph decreasing to 10 to 15 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Just now, hooralph said:
This Afternoon
Snow. The snow could be heavy at times. Some thunder is also possible. High near 35. Wind chill values between 20 and 25. North wind 16 to 18 mph, with gusts as high as 30 mph. Chance of precipitation is 100%. Total daytime snow accumulation of 6 to 10 inches possible.
Tonight
Snow, mainly before 10pm. The snow could be heavy at times. Low around 32. Wind chill values between 20 and 25. Breezy, with a northwest wind 17 to 22 mph decreasing to 10 to 15 mph after midnight. Winds could gust as high as 33 mph. Chance of precipitation is 80%. New snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches possible.

Wunderground translates differently. (Checked and I have NWS as the source)

3A2D5B30-98EC-4B58-A16F-E3747640E3B1.png

Just now, hooralph said:
This Afternoon
Tonight

Those are point and click forecasts. The NWS Storm Warning Disco hasn't changed. 

4 minutes ago, ScottB said:

Just went back to snow again. Ouch. 

Judging by the radar, I probably have 2-3 hours left of accumulating snow. 

The storm is underperforming for us in our region. IDC what others say, and unless it snows 8 inches in 3 hours, we are getting just a normal type March storm of a few inches. Areas N and W did a lot better. Surprised at Belle Meade getting 6. It isn't even snowing hard over here. It snowed hard for about 90 mins. 

About 2-3” here..should have 3-4 hours more of snow as I’ve been between bands here in Essex county. The heavy (and it is REALLY really heavy) stuff has been SW of here centered over somerset county, it seems. Funny that the shift SE that we were hoping for did come true, but has left the areas that may have been a sloppy mix with a foot or more of snow! Always exciting though, as each storm has its own surprises

. Pro

1 minute ago, weatherpruf said:

The storm is underperforming for us in our region. IDC what others say, and unless it snows 8 inches in 3 hours, we are getting just a normal type March storm of a few inches. Areas N and W did a lot better. Surprised at Belle Meade getting 6. It isn't even snowing hard over here. It snowed hard for about 90 mins. 

It's ripping snow here in the Bronx. Easily 2-3"/hour. Roads covered.

Many reports of 8-12" from New Jersey (West Milford, Sourland Mt). Even Belle Meade has 6".

What are you talking about?

1 minute ago, WintersGrasp said:

About 2-3” here..should have 3-4 hours more of snow as I’ve been between bands here in Essex county. The heavy (and it is REALLY really heavy) stuff has been SW of here centered over somerset county, it seems. Funny that the shift SE that we were hoping for did come true, but has left the areas that may have been a sloppy mix with a foot or more of snow! Always exciting though, as each storm has its own surprises

. Pro

Yeah although most of the maps people posted often had a small area in my region that got less. Go figure.

• BxEngine unpinned and pinned this topic
  • BxEngine unpinned this topic

Archived