• Welcome to American Weather

Register now to gain access to all of our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to contribute to this site by submitting your own content or replying to existing content. You'll be able to customize your profile, receive reputation points as a reward for submitting content, while also communicating with other members via your own private inbox, plus much more! This message will be removed once you have signed in.

WxUSAF

March Mid/Long Range Disco 3

Just now, AfewUniversesBelowNormal said:

It's snowed in the 1st week of May in the last 15 years

I don’t remember that.  Must have missed it

44 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

I don’t remember that.  Must have missed it

Respect the 2000s my man. It's not likely to be repeated. I remember the whole DE bay freezing up.

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

IMG_5302.thumb.PNG.64a8ed21cf00202e1fa46255de353157.PNG

You are correct.  That needs no explanation.  Looks like the unicorn may still come to visit. 

21 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

For him, yes 

Enough members still give D.C. Snow to not dismiss. Today was a good run of the gefs and EPS. Quite a few members get a wave under us in the long range. Of course we both know local climo and who has an advantage but it's not totally over for 95. I don't feel bad about my advantage. I work for it. I commute to Baltimore every day. 

Btw didn't you commute to Hagerstown at one point for like a year?  If you don't mind me asking was that partially snow related and if so why not simply go to Damascus of Mt Airy which get as much or almost as much but are way closer?  I'm in no way picking on anyone over moving for snow I did. I specifically picked this spot for snow and cool in summer and for the beauty but it was more the snow!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Enough members still give D.C. Snow to not dismiss. Today was a good run of the gefs and EPS. Quite a few members get a wave under us in the long range. Of course we both know local climo and who has an advantage but it's not totally over for 95. I don't feel bad about my advantage. I work for it. I commute to Baltimore every day. 

Btw didn't you commute to Hagerstown at one point for like a year?  If you don't mind me asking was that partially snow related and if so why not simply go to Damascus of Mt Airy which get as much or almost as much but are way closer?  I'm in no way picking on anyone over moving for snow I did. I specifically picked this spot for snow and cool in summer and for the beauty but it was more the snow!

That’s a pretty serious commute.  At this point I have a 15 minute commute and I’m not willing to budge on that, but I figure when I’m older and my kid(s) are gone I’ll move to the mountains somewhere where there is a lot of snow. 

4 minutes ago, DCTeacherman said:

That’s a pretty serious commute.  At this point I have a 15 minute commute and I’m not willing to budge on that, but I figure when I’m older and my kid(s) are gone I’ll move to the mountains somewhere where there is a lot of snow. 

I commuted from Pine Grove PA to Baltimore for a whole year once. Now that was crazy. 125 miles each way. 

44 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

For him, yes 

Gefs just spit out a weenie run for D.C.  Keep in mind 2" is from tomorrow night up here so it's a pretty uniform 4" bullseye in the day 7-11 period across our area. It's actually from 2 threats in that period around day 7 and 10. 

IMG_5321.thumb.PNG.1efca3d1b688161915bceb01e59f1da5.PNG

4 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I commuted from Pine Grove PA to Baltimore for a whole year once. Now that was crazy. 125 miles each way. 

Now I understand why you get nervous about being fringed.  You pay your dues for the snow you get..you expect some payoff.  125 miles each way however is nearly insane even for better snow climo.  Still, I am impressed by your commitment.  

2 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

Now I understand why you get nervous about being fringed.  You pay your dues for the snow you get..you expect some payoff.  125 miles each way however is nearly insane even for better snow climo.  Still, I am impressed by your commitment.  

That one was for love not snow lol. But it was crazy never the less. 

16 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

That one was for love not snow lol. But it was crazy never the less. 

The only two things worth suffering for..snow first of course.  I have passed up heading “upstairs” to wait for first flakes.  Insanity!

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

32 minutes ago, BristowWx said:

The only two things worth suffering for..snow first of course.  I have passed up heading “upstairs” to wait for first flakes.  Insanity!

Just tell her to come "downstairs" in front of the bay window :ph34r:

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, psuhoffman said:

I mean, I'm sorta still interested, but less so than yesterday.   Not sure what I was thinking.  If I were you, I'd seriously be kinda pumped...still far out tho

4 hours ago, BristowWx said:

I love snow, but pass up making love? No effin way! Hey, make her real happy, miss some snow, you can always chase snow later, head west to the Apps.

46 minutes ago, WestminsterSnowCapitalMA said:

Honestly, making her happy can wait. It only snows like < 10 times a year. 

Mailmen, pool boys, and office colleagues everywhere emphatically agree :lol: 

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Mordecai said:

06z GFS looks very good for next saturday. For Southern VA...

Meanwhile the Euro has temps in the 50s with showers next Saturday. An organized low then tracks into the GLs early the following week with heavy snow for the upper midwest and more rain showers for the MA. Which is more plausible lol?

Meanwhile the Euro has temps in the 50s with showers next Saturday. An organized low then tracks into the GLs early the following week with heavy snow for the upper midwest and more rain showers for the MA. Which is more plausible lol?
Snowstorm missing us to the south then hooking around us to hit Boston
  • Like 2

28 minutes ago, Jandurin said:
1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Snowstorm missing us to the south then hooking around us to hit Boston

Anything is possible of course, but on April 7-8, I think its a good bet we can skip the snowstorm missing to the south bit. The part about Boston getting nuked- yeah that will probably happen in this pattern.

2 minutes ago, C.A.P.E. said:

Anything is possible of course, but on April 7-8, I think its a good bet we can skip the snowstorm missing to the south bit. The part about Boston getting nuked- yeah that will probably happen in this pattern.

The GFS is right where we want it for next weekend....lol

I would take what 6z op just spit out any time of the year.  It’s hard to fathom it but it’s not that far off from 0z.