• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

Gefs thru day 14 (Ji's purples..LOL)

Thanks to 4 absolute bombs on the members  ..lol

Wow!

And it's April 

GEPS takes a look at the GEFS meteogram for DC...  "Oh look, the Americans are trying to get some April snow!"

DjpJzeu.png

"That's not April snow.  This is April snow."

Q908L1b.png

The GEPS control speaks up.  "Let me show you how it's done, eh?  First you think back to your favorite month of snow.  What was it, February 2010?  Now imagine what it would look like if that occurred... in April.  Let's start with a warm up, so people know not to put away the snow gear quite yet."

GgGkKbt.png

"OK, a slushy inch or so in the first week of April is unusual, but not impressive.  But how about a HECS in the second week of April?"

Z6fcTGp.png

"What's that?  Not impressed by the jackpot in the mountains?  Oh I see, you're more of a DC crowd.  So how about we have another HECS a few days later with the jackpot just south of DC?  Gives us some room for a bit of a north trend.  Our Canadian snow magnet can be strong, you know."

IsSxwY9.png

"Put it all together, and you get a Canadian April for the mid-Atlantic.  I hope you've saved up plenty of brine and snow days, because this is totally going to happen."

w9lxej1.png

Looks like the Canadians are celebrating April Fool's Day a couple days early.

11 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

DC weather is garbage.  Raleigh weather is garbage.  Anything south of 40N, unless above 1500' elevation, is garbage.

30-35 North in the South Eastern US is the best weather this country has to offer. Before I move I will def throw a going away party and y'all invited.

2 hours ago, losetoa6 said:

My little pony time frame still looks good. I wouldn't dismiss Monday mornings event.  I could see far northern tier getting a couple inches.  Best rates look to be early morning which helps ...if it hits 

Mon...(Northern areas)

6z Gfs has mid 30 surf  temps at onset of precip late Sunday night( 6z Mon) dropping to below freezing by 12z Mon. 850 and 925 temps look good ..just saying :pepsi:

so i see. hmm. guess ill keep an eye on it. 

1 hour ago, Subtropics said:

Please explain to me how DC is a better weather town than Raleigh. The only spot we'd get them is snow, but they smoke us in tropical which more than makes up for it.

I have a good idea. Why don't you compile a comprehensive list of every city in the world with a population over 50,000 then rank their weather in categories including snow, temperatures, sun, rain, severe, tropical, wind, and air quality. Then come up with an overall composite score and determine exactly how many places are better then we are. I'm sure we all want to see that list. Matter of fact this is so important I think you should devote 100% of your time to this and not post until you are done so you can give this the attention it deserves. We will all be awaiting your results. 

7 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I have a good idea. Why don't you compile a comprehensive list of every city in the world with a population over 50,000 then rank their weather in categories including snow, temperatures, sun, rain, severe, tropical, wind, and air quality. Then come up with an overall composite score and determine exactly how many places are better then we are. I'm sure we all want to see that list. Matter of fact this is so important I think you should devote 100% of your time to this and not post until you are done so you can give this the attention it deserves. We will all be awaiting your results. 

Sarcasm? Sometimes it is hard to tell with you. :D

12z GFS doesn't have the cold as strong nor pressing as quickly leading into our storm. Thus we are seeing a stronger low with an adjustment north on the track as well as an adjustment northward on the snowfall maps. It is getting better rates through the general region so that may help mitigate somewhat the slower bleed of cold into the region from the NW. Still looking at the favored regions for snow being around the PA line and north.

42 minutes ago, mappy said:

NAM anyone for Monday? 

Well, normally I'd say the 12K NAM at range in April, what could possibly go wrong? 

But @cae has promised us that this is just the warmup mini-unicorn storm before the real storm parade starts.

A warning criteria snow plus two HECS seems a bit greedy, so I'm closely managing my expectations. For our spring snow season, this year I'm going very conservative and setting the bar at a few inches for the appetizer and only a single mid-April HECS.  

2 hours ago, Subtropics said:

Please explain to me how DC is a better weather town than Raleigh. The only spot we'd get them is snow, but they smoke us in tropical which more than makes up for it.

Can you please stop crapping up discussions with your rote claims that southern weather is better than DC weather? It's annoying and it's old.

Thanks.

Archived