Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March Mid/Long Range Disco 3

WxUSAF

2 hours ago, WxWatcher007 said:

78 for me and 68 for her. We have literally had nights where we get up in the middle of the night and change the damn thing over and over again...or she opens the window when it's 30 at night to cool off :lol: 

Have you lost your mind. 78, holy s**t. Are you sure you have man parts?.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, Cobalt said:

The departure of winter always is sad IMO, no matter how bad or good the winter went. 

I get depressed about it. Plus we didn’t get shellacked really.  But I must forge on until November.  We wait so long for winter and it’s so short.  

1 hour ago, nj2va said:

Let’s go spring!  F these 40s

9CDDE015-C36F-467E-9126-32D87F1D6A4A.png

i would love for this cold miserable windy weather to go away.  but.  the temps on this graph may happen dc and south.  i don’t think anybody will see those highs in the gburg area. i hope i’m wrong.  i’m seeing maybe by easter high of 55. maybe max out at 60 for 1 day.  yuk.  please tell me i’m wrong. i want to be wrong.  and the week after easter looks errrchilly also. 

It looks like the Winter pattern of Hudson Bay/Great Lakes cold centered anomaly held by northern arctic blocking is the pattern on models for the last week of March. This would quickly transition into +NAO for April because it reverses 60-65% of the time and seasonal trend with that wavelength setup favors this

21 hours ago, Jebman said:

I am really so sad about the snow melting. I keep making pilgrimages to Jefferson County in West Virginia in order to see and worship snow, lol

Dolly sods WV will have snow until the end of April. After that you could head over to the rockies to check out glaciers and snow patches, but if you're like me that's cheating. Closest proper lowland snow would be places like Val'dor Quebec where it should stay till at least mid May. After that it gets iffy unless you can charter a helicopter or something, but you can at least take comfort that northern Baffin island will stay covered with a lovely blanket of snow until mid July, and stay snowless for only a few weeks until winter returns.

2 hours ago, BristowWx said:

I’m feeling lucky.  I think we got one or two more in us. Maybe after Easter.  

Not seeing any major warm ups anytime soon unless something changes in the guidance. DC might not see freezing temps but it certainly looks like outlying areas will over the next couple weeks.

Archived