Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March Mid/Long Range Disco 3

WxUSAF

14 hours ago, Bob Chill said:

I haven't been following the weekend deal much but the "downhill" trajectory isn't a good way to get anything big. Quick hitter and light precip at best imho. Ops may be showing half decent qpf now but my guess is that backs down as we get closer. I guess we're in the game though. lol

i think it can work as far as keeping cold air in place, but yea we may need a relaxation of that upper low to the north and probably need that vort to be strong enough to tap into some of that atlantic.  it doesn't look like an impossible setup if we can some interaction with that rogue wave diving down from the northeast, but we'll need a north trend shortly.

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, stormtracker said:

Doesn't look like this one is going to work.  OH well.  It was a pleasure tracking and chasing folks.   At least we got one before the end of this wretched season.

And even that "one" still managed to screw over some people...awful. Just awful...I think this winter scarred me, lol

5 minutes ago, colonelaureliano1 said:

Last winter was way worse, personally my only measurable event was a horrible coating of ice.

we didn't have a winter last year, so i agree.  at least we had an early season suburbs snow, partially frozen potomac in early january, and a historical late march snow.  it was a C-/D+ winter.  last year was an F.

4 minutes ago, colonelaureliano1 said:

Last winter was way worse, personally my only measurable event was a horrible coating of ice.

Personally, it was easier to take because of the lack of chances...So it wasn't a lot of tracking with no return (only two real misses, IIRC). But this season? Absolutely brutal and mentally draining with all the close misses.

18 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

3.6"

You sound like me! Here in Loudoun County, as I barely squeaked past 3 inches. Although today makes me think I measured a bit low or that compaction was my issue and I need to be wiping off the measurement board I was using. Still, this was not the 6"+ most reported right near me!

7 minutes ago, midatlanticweather said:

You sound like me! Here in Loudoun County, as I barely squeaked past 3 inches. Although today makes me think I measured a bit low or that compaction was my issue and I need to be wiping off the measurement board I was using. Still, this was not the 6"+ most reported right near me!

Nope, compaction wasn't my problem; it was lack of precip.

23 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Nope, compaction wasn't my problem; it was lack of precip.

we did well in the morning near the city.  it ripped for a couple hours with absolutely no accumulation issues whatsoever minus some more spotty pavement than you would expect in jan/feb.  i have a feeling that H5 low was a bit too far north and/or not strong enough for wave 2.  that and wave 1 may have messed with the dynamics of the whole transfer because once that low shifted east, everything just started to dry out/downslope/etc.  the jumpy models hinted that something wasn't right upstairs even though the main players were there.  wave 1 might have been a cleaner setup here had it been colder.

1 hour ago, 87storms said:

we did well in the morning near the city.  it ripped for a couple hours with absolutely no accumulation issues whatsoever minus some more spotty pavement than you would expect in jan/feb.  i have a feeling that H5 low was a bit too far north and/or not strong enough for wave 2.  that and wave 1 may have messed with the dynamics of the whole transfer because once that low shifted east, everything just started to dry out/downslope/etc.  the jumpy models hinted that something wasn't right upstairs even though the main players were there.  wave 1 might have been a cleaner setup here had it been colder.

Even wave 1 was a bust here, devoid of significant precip.  The precip formed right over/north of me and blossomed once it went to my north.  Temps were irrelevant here. 

42 minutes ago, EastCoast NPZ said:

Even wave 1 was a bust here, devoid of significant precip.  The precip formed right over/north of me and blossomed once it went to my north.  Temps were irrelevant here. 

If I ever needed to find water I would steer clear of Stephens City... That place is bone dry.

2 minutes ago, smokeybandit said:

North trend!  Or something.

nam3km_asnow_neus_fh53_trend.gif

I know everyone has poured cold water on this threat.  But for us South of DC and those just to the Southwest, its close enough to stay interested.  Is it likely we get a good snowfall, probably not.  We have seen a lot of changes inside of 72 hours this year. 

28 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

Good...Maybe one more shot at a storm . Eps is 2 inches on the mean snowfall here :)

If it wasnt the first week of April I would be slightly interested in the 10-15.  Looks like the late Dec pattern but with a little help over GL.  Plenty of cold around for another anomalous event. 

My business and my fishing gear could use some warm warm weather.

1 minute ago, SnowGolfBro said:

The Low NE of Maine is a little farther North and East this run.  Two more corrections like that in the next 36 hours and we can probably see something down my way

You made the thread for it, so go post it there :D Gotta give the storm enough attention so that it feels the need to come north. 

Archived