Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March Mid/Long Range Disco 3

WxUSAF

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
6 minutes ago, clskinsfan said:

Nice drenching 3 days of rain on the 18Z GFS for next weekend. Could be flood watches. Something to look forward too. 

This winter will be one we reference until our dying days.  The year nothing went right and every setup vanished, and ORF DOV and RIC destroyed us.  

Just now, psuhoffman said:

EPS has some snow threats in the long range. Lol

At least we ease into spring vice strsight to heat.  That will come in April.  As far as the snow threats well I just don’t know if my mental health can take it. My snow shovel looks lonely and miserable in my garage.

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I'd gladly take warm. I'm ready. But it looks chilly and miserable for the next couple weeks. Especially up here. With sun it should get into the 50s most days in D.C. at least. Up here it's a breezy mid 40s. Not exactly shorts weather yet. 

You say that like it's a bad thing. Even if there's no wintry precip in the coming weeks, I'll gladly take the cold.

Some good soundings showing up on Wed/Thu for daytime convective snow/mix and graupel showers. 500mb temps drop to -35 to -40C and trop heights down to 20k with surface temps in the u30s/l40s. Might make for some picturesque glaciated CBs/TCUs and "5 minute blizzards" or mini-downbursts with the inverted-V profile in the boundary layer. Decent upper level trough for Wed and a follow up on Thu afternoon with a jet streak helping out.

8 minutes ago, Chris78 said:

4th times a charm?

CMC has something too next Tuesday.  I guess I just enjoy getting kicked in the head by a mule.  this time would be even harder but it would be fitting to get hit by something on day 1 of spring.  then we can say our best hits were last fall and this spring...technically speaking of course. 

6 minutes ago, nj2va said:

The LR looks terrible for warmth. Hope to see that change soon.

don't count on it.  we had our spring in the east back in Feb.  I look forward to my backdoor cold fronts, cutoff lows and sustained -NAO through at least May.:weep:

Archived