Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 7 Disc/Observations

nj2va

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Pouring snow up here in Newark Delaware. It just opened up about an hour ago. Sticking to everything now. PIcked up a couple of inches. I guess we are right o the edge of the good stuff. I hear just to the south is not much. Looks like we will have at least a few hours of this. I could see us getting some significant accumulations at this point.

I just took a jebwalk and snapped this picture.

I can now stop complaining about this winter. It was better late than never.

IMG_1205.jpg

2 hours ago, wxtrix said:

i’ve had 1.8” of snow for the entire winter.

WOW that is historically crappy.  It reminds me of a bad winter some years ago where central MD and other areas finally cashed in with a March storm, but the Winchester - Charles Town - Hagerstown region missed it and had basically no snowfall that year. 

3 hours ago, WxUSAF said:

Report of 4” in Baltimore county on the latest PIS and BWI up to 1.8”.

Sounds about right.  That's not too far from me.  I think I ended up getting more than I'd originally thought.  When I was clearing off the car this morning I measured 3.6" on the roof, compared to the the roughly 3" I had on my deck.  I should really get a snow board.

1 hour ago, Mdecoy said:

Pouring snow up here in Newark Delaware. It just opened up about an hour ago. Sticking to everything now. PIcked up a couple of inches. I guess we are right o the edge of the good stuff. I hear just to the south is not much. Looks like we will have at least a few hours of this. I could see us getting some significant accumulations at this point.

Promise? :)

2 hours ago, Mdecoy said:

IMG_1205.jpg

Congrats and enjoy!

3 hours ago, Fozz said:

This feels a lot like "Snowquester" IMBY. It wasn't the worst bust ever in my area, but it had a lot of white rain after sunrise and a premature end. Totals are also similar.

you did better this time around than snowquester. i was still in cockeysville then and it was lame. 

but congrats! You did well last night, final was 1.1 here. could have been more but nothing accumulated all day. oh well. on to Sunday/monday! 

17 minutes ago, mattie g said:

Brother in the near-Philly suburbs of South Jersey has been under that megaband for a while now. He said they had about 3" as of 30 minutes ago, but that it's really ripping now, and that there are reports of thundersnow.

Thought everyone might like that report.

Stopping in to lighten the mood here, I just hit 4" and riding the back edge of miller Bust moving at warp 9 obliterating my forecast of 12-16" 

Start the laughing..........now!

2 minutes ago, mappy said:

you did better this time around than snowquester. i was still in cockeysville then and it was lame. 

but congrats! You did well last night, final was 1.1 here. could have been more but nothing accumulated all day. oh well. on to Sunday/monday! 

My area got about 3.5" from Snowquester, mainly because of elevation. But then after sunrise, it quickly turned into slop. However, a few miles away at Home Depot near Deereco Rd, it was almost nothing.  Same thing happened today for the most part, and like Snowquester it stopped accumulating right after sunrise, but it was so pretty this morning and I felt lucky to get as much as I did so I can't really complain. 

It also doesn't hurt that we now have our best chance for a big storm since January 2016 :) 

5 minutes ago, Fozz said:

Turns out this was a huge bust in the lower parts of the NYC metro and northern NJ. Central Park and EWR both reported under 3" as of 5PM. But the hills did way better. 

You could kinda consider it a mini snowquester for them. 

Let's go down the list

• Thundersnow reported (happened in Snowquester in DC)
  • Totals upped before event (Happened in Snowquester too)
  • Imminent bust and people saying things would turn around 
  • Areas around them doing much better (with some having a positive bust on totals)
  • NE getting slammed by the same storm

Yup. They had a mini snowquester. 

2 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I was perusing the NYC webcams around sunset looking for snow and couldn't anything.

That's really shocking. I guess the boundary layer screwed them over, or they just never got into a good band. Some of these spots got less than we did, and that was after expecting 8-12"+.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived