Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 7 Disc/Observations

nj2va

4 minutes ago, BrendaM said:

So I'm apparently in the "sweet spot...."  (I teach in Harford County and live right over the border in SE PA).  School is cancelled for me, but my boys don't even have a delay in Southern York County, and they are extremely disappointed right now.  We have three inches on the ground--roads are clear at the moment but am I correct that this is supposed to pick up as the day goes on?  I'm trying to figure out why school isn't out, or if they're going to bring the kids in only to turn around and send them home again. 

Harford county is really on the border of getting anything heavy from the coastal.

This storm is so frustrating for this area because a 5 mile difference can make or break it. So the truthful answer to "what are we going to get?" the answer is, no one actually knows.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, BrendaM said:

So I'm apparently in the "sweet spot...."  (I teach in Harford County and live right over the border in SE PA).  School is cancelled for me, but my boys don't even have a delay in Southern York County, and they are extremely disappointed right now.  We have three inches on the ground--roads are clear at the moment but am I correct that this is supposed to pick up as the day goes on?  I'm trying to figure out why school isn't out, or if they're going to bring the kids in only to turn around and send them home again. 

Hard decision on your part. You will probably see periods of heavier snow a little later. But will it be enough to overcome the warmer road temps from the solar radiation is the hard question. At this point you could probably flip a coin.

7 minutes ago, BrendaM said:

I think Harford county is in a good spot though hard to say how much of that will stick. And yea it should pick up as the morning goes on, for the sweet spot locations.  Seems like the coastal is a bit too far north for anything exciting here in dc but who knows.

2.9" on the ground, so picked up about another 1.4" after I went to bed last night.  It's a dense snow.  It's still snowing, so we might hit 3 if the melting / compaction doesn't take over.  It has been a while since I've seen snow high enough to completely cover the grass.  Looks great.

2 hour delay for BCPS.  Kids thoroughly confused about how they make these decisions.

15 minutes ago, cae said:

2.9" on the ground, so picked up about another 1.4" after I went to bed last night.  It's a dense snow.  It's still snowing, so we might hit 3 if the melting / compaction doesn't take over.  It has been a while since I've seen snow high enough to completely cover the grass.  Looks great.

2 hour delay for BCPS.  Kids thoroughly confused about how they make these decisions.

yeah my kid is bummed to have to go to school. the county has closed for less. so weird call on their part. but glad you cashed in overnight! 

i'm staying home either way, so will have a house to myself, can work in my pjs and watch whatever snow does fall. 

Judging by meso and short range models, debating whether to chase or not. Looks like SE PA to Jersey the prime spot with Northern Harford and Cecil still in the game for some decent accumulation later, but I only want to chase big game snow. I don’t feel like paying $15 in tolls to chase. Plus I got prior engagement north of Baltimore tonight at 7. Oh well. Last second trends suck when they’re negative. Still like 4-8 for Northern Harford and Cecil counties for storm total.

Love the snow pics@Interstate. Looks like my old home area got about 2” last night.

12 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Welp, that was fun. Looks as if everything is on the move NEward now. Hope Baltimore county was able to score a little something this morning. Now here's hoping we can get a little loving as the upper energy swings through a little later today.

I'm bummed too about this one. Upper energy looks marginal at best.

25 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Welp, that was fun. Looks as if everything is on the move NEward now. Hope Baltimore county was able to score a little something this morning. Now here's hoping we can get a little loving as the upper energy swings through a little later today.

Nothing additional in my area of eastern Baltimore County. Just very light grains of snow all morning. Last night was much better 

3 minutes ago, BaltimoreWxGuy said:

Nothing additional in my area of eastern Baltimore County. Just very light grains of snow all morning. Last night was much better 

Latest HRRR is pretty aggressive in expanding the precip shield quite a bit westward in the next few hours through the entire region as the upper level energy catches up. As shown it might make for some fun for those who stay snow. Guess we will see. 

8 minutes ago, PhineasC said:

At the end of the day, the models were just teasing us and this is behaving exactly like these Miller Bs do around here.

True, but some of the people that are reporting 3 inches aren't really that far off when you take into account ratios. Unlikely any of us other than maybe extreme Northeast MD get in on the CCB, which is what a lot of the storm was supposed to be for those with the big totals, but some managed to do ok if you weren't counting on anything close to 10:1 ratios.

2 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Latest HRRR is pretty aggressive in expanding the precip shield quite a bit westward in the next few hours through the entire region as the upper level energy catches up. As shown it might make for some fun for those who stay snow. Guess we will see. 

Gonna have to start seeing some better trajectory soon. Radar kinda crappy. I don’t really buy it but we will see

34 minutes ago, MillvilleWx said:

Judging by meso and short range models, debating whether to chase or not. Looks like SE PA to Jersey the prime spot with Northern Harford and Cecil still in the game for some decent accumulation later, but I only want to chase big game snow. I don’t feel like paying $15 in tolls to chase. Plus I got prior engagement north of Baltimore tonight at 7. Oh well. Last second trends suck when they’re negative. Still like 4-8 for Northern Harford and Cecil counties for storm total.

Love the snow pics@Interstate. Looks like my old home area got about 2” last night.

Chase to Philly man...at the least you can get a big ole stinky cheesesteak 

6 minutes ago, birdsofprey02 said:

Rain rt. 3 Crofton, but it’s been mist/drizzle most of the morning.  

Wheres the rain/snow line?  Was at least expecting snowTV.  

It snowed last night. I don't think most people were expected to get anything during the day except rain. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived