Total Members
    Most Online
    Weathernoob335
    Newest Member
    Weathernoob335
March 7 Disc/Observations

nj2va

9 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Congrats. 3 inchs from last night or from the band rotating through now or a combo?

Mostly last night, but it’s still snowing lightly now. I should probably share some pics since it’s really nice out there. Total is around 2.8”, so I cant really complain even if this is the end. Not to mention we have another chance on Sunday or Monday.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, MiddleRvrwx said:

:thumbsup: @mappy nice pic per Eva Marie!

Feel better soon :hug:

Obs- rain/ mangled flakes 

Ha, you saw it! Thanks, my kid loved that our backyard was on tv. 

Just over an inch here, which a steady snow falling. Hoping schools end up closing so I don’t have to get dresssed, already said I wasn’t driving to work. 

Just now, AdamHLG said:

This is the lull right for N.Balt County? It will still snow 5+ here. This can't be over. Part 2 just has not started yet. Seen this movie before.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

I am not expecting 5 today, maybe 3 and even that is s big if. 

Just now, AdamHLG said:

This is the lull right for N.Balt County? It will still snow 5+ here. This can't be over. Part 2 just has not started yet. Seen this movie before.

You live very close to me... do you also have close to 3"?

3 minutes ago, Interstate said:

I have close to 3 and my Japanese Maple is taking the brunt of it

Oh nice. Honestly anything that continues after this is a bonus, and since we were right near the edge and easily could've gotten next to nothing, 3" is a decent total.

You live very close to me... do you also have close to 3"?
Yeah 3 is about right. However when I woke up overnight and saw the upgrade to winter storm warning I was expecting to see a road covered winter wonderland this morning. Do not get me wrong it is quite petty outside, but I guess I will be going to work today.

1 hour ago, C.A.P.E. said:

You N MD/S PA folks should hug the HRRRX. It has the CCB building pretty far west with the ULL energy coming through, and between the 2, looks like some nice banding sets up. I bet PSU still ends up with a few inches.

That would just be a kick in the nuts. I was mentally ready for a snow day with my son. My expectation after the models all had me in the ccb deathband yesterday was at least 4" and a day playing in the snow with him. But the "bust" look had me give up on it and I'm heading into work now. If it blasts me while I'm at work that would just be the final insult. 

I'll admit this one hurts. All the other fails I never really expected much. I knew going into gametime it was a fail. This one that sweet look of the deform right over me on all guidance got be. Made me believe this was finally a real snow and not another 1-3" fringe job. So the rug pulling out hurt me this time. I'm in a bad mood. 

But it's just snow.  And there are worse problems in the world. So I'll dust myself off and put all my eggs in the next kick to the nads march 12. 

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

That would just be a kick in the nuts. I was mentally ready for a snow day with my son. My expectation after the models all had me in the ccb deathband yesterday was at least 4" and a day playing in the snow with him. But the "bust" look had me give up on it and I'm heading into work now. If it blasts me while I'm at work that would just be the final insult. 

I'll admit this one hurts. All the other fails I never really expected much. I knew going into gametime it was a fail. This one that sweet look of the deform right over me on all guidance got be. Made me believe this was finally a real snow and not another 1-3" fringe job. So the rug pulling out hurt me this time. I'm in a bad mood. 

But it's just snow.  And there are worse problems in the world. So I'll dust myself off and put all my eggs in the next kick to the nads march 12. 

I was always weary of this one. These kinds of events usually manage to break snow weenie hearts in this area. I understand you buying in though with the models shifting the deform band further west. Hard not to. I think there is still a chance up that way, but it will be close. Probably need some help from the UL energy swinging through.

1 minute ago, C.A.P.E. said:

I was always weary of this one. These kinds of events usually manage to break snow weenie hearts in this area. I understand you buying in though with the models shifting the deform band further west. Hard not to. I think there is still a chance up that way, but it will be close. Probably need some help from the UL energy swinging through.

Weary or leery? :) Radar looks a little better for N Baltimore and the HRRR has improved a touch but I guess we will see.

12 minutes ago, showmethesnow said:

Radar returns are actually looking nicer then what the 06Z runs were throwing out. Seeing a nice expansion westward of the precip as the CCB develops. Maybe those into northern Balt and Carroll county aren't out of this quite yet?

been a steady snow since i got out of bed at 630. but would need it to pick up a lot to amount to anything. 

1 minute ago, winterymix said:

Full disclosure:   Weenism is strong with this one.   Having said that, the high rez NAM has been reliable this winter and the depiction below is total precip out to 21Z.   Baltimore county is split down the middle.  Everyone think about a wobble west.

march7.jpg

If anything, that looks to me like a significant shift east and further validates what you are seeing with radar, which is that the storm is having trouble getting precip past 95. It's like it's just hitting a wall right now.

1 minute ago, mappy said:

been a steady snow since i got out of bed at 630. but would need it to pick up a lot to amount to anything. 

Seeing the best snow of the storm at this point but it looks like the better stuff will stay to the south as Mount PS steals it. Would like to at least get a legit dusting but I won't hold my breath.

1 minute ago, showmethesnow said:

Seeing the best snow of the storm at this point but it looks like the better stuff will stay to the south as Mount PS steals it. Would like to at least get a legit dusting but I won't hold my breath.

im sorry :( 

So I'm apparently in the "sweet spot...."  (I teach in Harford County and live right over the border in SE PA).  School is cancelled for me, but my boys don't even have a delay in Southern York County, and they are extremely disappointed right now.  We have three inches on the ground--roads are clear at the moment but am I correct that this is supposed to pick up as the day goes on?  I'm trying to figure out why school isn't out, or if they're going to bring the kids in only to turn around and send them home again. 

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived