Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 7 Disc/Observations

nj2va

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
52 minutes ago, Bob Chill said:

Snow! I might get more than Psu after all. 

Dude, our locations were pretty much bullseye in terms of hitting the modeled potential on 2/17- the Saturday event.

I can't believe we're on the southernmost edge of modeled accumulating snow and doing it again. Specifically, the way the radar exploded right over us in the transition to snow. 

7 minutes ago, losetoa6 said:

34 currently...a few flurries on and off . Radar looks solid for dca to Balt. Along i95. I bet someone gets 2+ tonight in the corridor.  Cape looks to get crushed if his temps hold .

I doubt my yard gets crushed but a couple inches would be nice. Holding at 33 with about a half inch now. This must be like 5:1 stuff lol.

2 minutes ago, Stormpc said:

We are snow starved for sure. Listen to us? 20 minutes of fatties and we are wetting our pants. Yes it was a win for us that expected absolutely nothing. But in reality it's kind of sad we have this kind of reaction to a coating of snow that is rapidly moving east-northeast away from 95 corridor. 

I’m at less than 8” the past two seasons here...this feels like snowmaggedon at this point.  

1 minute ago, SnowtoRain said:

Back to rain in Easton, hope you can hold out longer up there.

I expect the warming aloft to make it here too. Hopefully the low tracks offshore a bit and we can get back into snow with the deform band. Close call but probably just north. Thats is where the real dynamics will be.

12 minutes ago, supernovasky said:

My ground is already white. Wow.

I can't be the only one to have written this one off.

I sure did but won't flop now, just eat humble pie

the only favorable  factor I saw today was 850 and 925 remaining at -1C but I did not think that would negate the milder surface. Then, as psu discussed, radar trends seemed toomuch east but at least  for now  snow is blossoming and just follow what happens next

that feb '10 storm we had that initial precip and then the ull came through for the morning.  it wouldn't surprise me if that happens with this one.  a lull/spotty precip after this batch and then it fills in again overnight in the northern half towards bmore etc.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived