Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 7 Disc/Observations

nj2va

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Folks, you couldn’t pick a better hill to die on then the euro giving us a full on snow job with 12 hour leads. I’m on top of that hill, naked, ECMWF flag flying proudly waiting for my snow. If I die here, so be it.

Both RAP and HRRR going way east the last couple runs doesn't bother you at all?

2 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

Both RAP and HRRR going way east the last couple runs doesn't bother you at all?

I literally never look at them just so as not to be bothered. I have the Euro and looking out the window now. Trying to get to a happy place, where the RAP and HRRR are not crushing my dreams. 

3 minutes ago, WxUSAF said:

Folks, you couldn’t pick a better hill to die on then the euro giving us a full on snow job with 12 hour leads. I’m on top of that hill, naked, ECMWF flag flying proudly waiting for my snow. If I die here, so be it.

I know we live close to each other. Which hill? Hopefully not the sledding hill in my neighborhood. I already had plans for some naked bobsledding and booze around 3am. I don’t need us running into each other. I need some alone time. Lol. 

1 minute ago, North Balti Zen said:

I literally never look at them just so as not to be bothered. I have the Euro and looking out the window now. Trying to get to a happy place, where the RAP and HRRR are not crushing my dreams. 

Let me be clear I think their wrong. Literally all other guidance today was similar and in agreement on the back edge of precip being 20 miles west of me. But I won't lie I'll feel better when either radar confirms or new guidance comes in to refute those bad nightmares...I only really let myself believe I would see snow after the euro and all other guidance came in with a paste job here today. But I know how these miller bs can go. 

Just now, psuhoffman said:

Let me be clear I think their wrong. Literally all other guidance today was similar and in agreement on the back edge of precip being 20 miles west of me. But I won't lie I'll feel better when either radar confirms or new guidance comes in to refute those bad nightmares...I only really let myself believe I would see snow after the euro and all other guidance came in with a paste job here today. But I know how these miller bs can go. 

Yes and back then they were in the same spot... now the question I have is... does the RAP and HRRR, get new data each run?  If so, they might be on to something and all the models will shift east with the 0z run

2 minutes ago, Interstate said:

Yes and back then they were in the same spot... now the question I have is... does the RAP and HRRR, get new data each run?  If so, they might be on to something and all the models will shift east with the 0z run

I don't know but that's my worry. I know everyone knows, they suck.  But a few hours ago they looked the same as the euro and nam and....u get it. Now something happened and they started shifting east as we get closer. So yea they suck but I'm the only one living on the back edge troubled by that?

5 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I wasn’t criticizing you for noting it or worrying about it, just wryly noting that it has seemingly never had anything but bad news for any snow systems. 

1 minute ago, psuhoffman said:

I don't know but that's my worry. I know everyone knows, they suck.  But a few hours ago they looked the same as the euro and nam and....u get it. Now something happened and they started shifting east as we get closer. So yea they suck but I'm the only one living on the back edge troubled by that?

No, but that’s why I am gonna pretend they don’t exist. I always assume fail on the edge, as you do, so, in my case, I just want to pretend awhile longer before the fail arrives.

No, you’re not. I’m in York county and I was telling people at work that I could get completely shafted and it wouldn’t surprise me at all.

7 minutes ago, psuhoffman said:

I agree they always seem to trend in one direction, and I feel like it's typically east.

It’s kind of nice not having to worry about any of this. Sure...it’ll suck to see some folks’ yearly snow totals increase by 4-8” after this, but there’s no sweating it in these parts (central Fairfax County).

Ain’t sh*t happening in my backyard with this one, so all I have to worry about is tracking the inevitable Sunday-Monday failure, and even then my expectations are pretty low.

Good luck to the rest of you. You’ll need it. :lol:

- Resigned to Fate in Burke

12 minutes ago, nw baltimore wx said:

I've got the coffee one from this year that I'm saving for Sunday night, but there's plenty of whisky in the moors around these parts.

I just drank a bomber of Czar Noir, my bourbon/oak/vanilla bean-aged Russian Imperial Stouts. Sucker runs 13+% and some of the bottles are seriously delicious.

Thing is...I didn’t drink it out of snow excitement or anything. I just needed a drink! :lol:

The question with the south/east shift is does it help us at all? The south part should help, but the east part probably hurts. We don't want the precip shield shunted farther east, we wanted it farther southwest. Theoretically a low farther south would give the system more time to develop or could help it develop sooner before it passes by.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived