Total Members
    Most Online
    joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 7 Disc/Observations

nj2va

1 minute ago, DCTeacherman said:

Yeah I think it's the right call.  If recent history is any guide this is more likely a warning event from Philly to BOS and won't be too significant in our subforum.  

of course, its a miller b. im just laughing at how a town 10 min to my north has the same totals forecast but under a warning. 

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
19 minutes ago, Kleimax said:

12k nam looks good for us N MD folk

I think you and I are in the same boat. It's very dicey here and we're right on the edge between the good stuff and the meh. But I think a bit further north near the M/D line is good for 4"+.

1 minute ago, Fozz said:

I think you and I are in the same boat. It's very dicey here and we're right on the edge between the good stuff and the meh. But I think a bit further north near the M/D line is good for 4"+.

agreed. My bar is set at 2 inches

13 minutes ago, mappy said:

of course, its a miller b. im just laughing at how a town 10 min to my north has the same totals forecast but under a warning. 

Probably because most of the county isn't getting as much as you so they have to base the advisory on the whole area (which also includes those of us barely outside the beltway). The advisory is saying 2-5" but in all likelihood you'll be on the high end of that. 

1 minute ago, Fozz said:

Probably because most of the county isn't getting as much as you so they have to base the advisory on the whole area (which also includes those of us barely outside the beltway). The advisory is saying 2-5" but in all likelihood you'll be on the high end of that. 

my point and click is 3-6" :lol: 

LWX map is still 4-6" for me. 

1 minute ago, Fozz said:

Thought they had split Balt. County when it comes to advisories and warnings? 

1 minute ago, showmethesnow said:

Thought they had split Balt. County when it comes to advisories and warnings? 

they do. the split was moved south to go down towards the beltway. fozz makes a good point. 

edit: it use to cut right in the middle, straight across. Hunt Valley was more or less the cut off. but now it is an angle and goes pretty much down to the Balt City line. 

1 minute ago, mappy said:

they do. the split was moved south to go down towards the beltway. fozz makes a good point. 

edit: it use to cut right in the middle, straight across. Hunt Valley was more or less the cut off. but now it is an angle and goes pretty much down to the Balt City line. 

I see. Never really got into the whole wanting to see advisories, warnings etc.. If it was snowing it was snowing and advisories etc.. wasn't going to change that fact or how much we got.

1 minute ago, showmethesnow said:

I see. Never really got into the whole wanting to see advisories, warnings etc.. If it was snowing it was snowing and advisories etc.. wasn't going to change that fact or how much we got.

oh that is not why i am commenting. its just a dumb OCD thing of mine. if my high end is warning level, then give me a warning. its just a poor communication from lwx to the public.

advisory = meh

warning = whelp could be bad

that's all. 

Just now, mappy said:

oh that is not why i am commenting. its just a dumb OCD thing of mine. if my high end is warning level, then give me a warning. its just a poor communication from lwx to the public.

advisory = meh

that's all. 

To meet warning criteria, you need to have 5 inches plus.  LWX is thinking that most everyone will be under that bar... hence the WWA and not a WSW.  Also, if you get 5 inches, that is only going to be on grasses surfaces and not on pavement.  I am guess that is why they went with the WWA.

1 minute ago, mappy said:

advisory = meh

that's all. 

But the advisory said the M/D line will see the higher totals. I think it's fine. Most people live in the spots that will probably only see advisory totals (<5").

4 minutes ago, Interstate said:

To meet warning criteria, you need to have 5 inches plus.  LWX is thinking that most everyone will be under that bar... hence the WWA and not a WSW.  Also, if you get 5 inches, that is only going to be on grasses surfaces and not on pavement.  I am guess that is why they went with the WWA.

4 minutes ago, Fozz said:

But the advisory said the M/D line will see the higher totals. I think it's fine. Most people live in the spots that will probably only see advisory totals (<5").

OK

7 minutes ago, Interstate said:

I actually think it could stick to the pavement and roads for those who get into the CCB. But I agree with your other point... they only issue a warning when most of the area is expected to get warning level snows. If they could issue warnings by backyard then I'm sure the M/D people would be in a warning, but the zones aren't that precise and even the northern burbs of Baltimore can have big differences in totals for many storms.

• WxUSAF unpinned this topic

Archived