SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 7-8 possible snow threat

The Iceman

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply

1.50-1.75" qpf blob over the meat of this region. Also an area of 1.75-2.0" a little west and SW of Kamu like the earlier NAM runs had  he could be near the bulls eye. Coldest model of the suite as well with snow east of I95.

ECM usually isn't overly wet it's an awesome run

I expect a Mt Washington size snow pile from Kamu or i will be disappointed.

2 minutes ago, Violentweatherfan said:

Interesting to read posts from the NYC forum about temps along I-95, opposite of what is being posted here. 

Because I-95 is much closer to the ocean and its effect up in NYC area.  They still do well, and not sure what they are complaining about

Just now, Violentweatherfan said:

Interesting to read posts from the NYC forum about temps along I-95, opposite of what is being posted here. 

unless there is a sneaky warm layer i don't know about then i'm not sure where they are seeing that. 850 and 925 are below freezing for everyone west of 295. surface temps are 32-34 but we already knew that. this is a heavy wet snow bomb for se pa.

2 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

unless there is a sneaky warm layer i don't know about then i'm not sure where they are seeing that. 850 and 925 are below freezing for everyone west of 295. surface temps are 32-34 but we already knew that. this is a heavy wet snow bomb for se pa.

Got to be careful with that forum for sure, there maybe 5 posters in that forum I kind of trust. 

Just now, Violentweatherfan said:

The post had concern for the Philadelphia area, mentioning the precip field moved west. I get it that I-95 in NNJ and NYC is closer to the ocean, intrigued with the run here. 

this is during the warmest part of the storm... phl doesn't really come close to changing over. now it will be 7 or 8:1 ratio snow but i do not see rain on this run at all.

ecmwf_freezinglines_30_ne.thumb.jpg.98d5c0913b694eaae62128ae9b140662.jpg

Archived