joxey
    Newest Member
    joxey
March 7-8 possible snow threat

The Iceman

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I'm sorry but why would the NWS bump my snow totals even further up to 11-15" after the clear trend downward on every model? I know the HRRR isn't very good, but if it's right, I may only get a coating.
Clear downward trend on every model? For where? Im sorry, Im not seeing that this morning.

Man, this may be the wettest snow ever....sticking to everything possible. Lawn,driveway covered...streets somewhat. (Salt guy already came down the street...bastard!) I would say around 2" or so on the grass. Light to mod snow presently....32.8F, but heavier stuff moving up per radar. Low dark clouds which is cool....slight breeze which will increase. I definitely see more power outages...

2 minutes ago, Ralph Wiggum said:
19 minutes ago, Newman said:
I'm sorry but why would the NWS bump my snow totals even further up to 11-15" after the clear trend downward on every model? I know the HRRR isn't very good, but if it's right, I may only get a coating.

Clear downward trend on every model? For where? Im sorry, Im not seeing that this morning.

Not for you guys, for me. Look at the HRRR, 3K NAM, 12k NAM, and even the GFS. The heaviest axis shifted east with now those models I mentioned giving Berks 4-8" tops. Heck, the HRRR gives western Berks county an inch or two. The canadian model guidance didn't shift much, however, so there's that.

Good pasting here overnight. Some slushy roads. Just a light white rain now. 33 degrees. 

While it looks a little slower to develop it looks like the rates are heavier in that time and this is not strung out as much as it was yesterday.

The heavy band time frame was approx. 10 AM-6PM yesterday. now DTN calling 11AM-4PM with much heavier rates. Anyone else seeing this? This could be worse IMO!  

2 minutes ago, Mikeymac5306 said:

Good pasting here overnight. Some slushy roads. Just a light white rain now. 33 degrees. 

While it looks a little slower to develop it looks like the rates are heavier in that time and this is not strung out as much as it was yesterday.

The heavy band time frame was approx. 10 AM-6PM yesterday. now DTN calling 11AM-4PM with much heavier rates. Anyone else seeing this? This could be worse IMO!  

Just looking at the radar and movement I think it's going to be pretty heavy way before 11am...

It is nowcasting time, and I think it is prudent to shift the jackpot to the east. I am shocked to wake up to higher forecast totals for berks and lehigh. Hopefully I eat crow but nowcasting development to the south looks better for nj.

Man, this may be the wettest snow ever....sticking to everything possible. Lawn,driveway covered...streets somewhat. (Salt guy already came down the street...bastard!) I would say around 2" or so on the grass. Light to mod snow presently....32.8F, but heavier stuff moving up per radar. Low dark clouds which is cool....slight breeze which will increase. I definitely see more power outages...
Please no power outage here. Just got mine back yesterday from the Friday storm! Glad we didnt restock the fridge yet I suppose.

1 hour ago, Violentweatherfan said:

Where did you move to?

Morgantown, WV.  it is about an hour south of Pittsburgh.  Moved for school and haven't left, though I miss the PHL area.

Most of our snow out here is the nickel-and-dime stuff.  An inch here, a couple there.  Clippers, mainly.  One big event in the last seven years (luckily I got to enjoy that '09-'10 winter in Philly).  But of course all the Miller B systems are too far East to bother our area.  I've noticed out here there just isn't much "fun" stuff to track.  Not in a prime spot for low development and the like.

Archived