Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 7-8 possible snow threat

The Iceman

6 minutes ago, Blizzard-on-GFS said:

THE KING'S BACK BABY! NAM caves HARD to the EURO. Wayyyy colder, east, stronger, you name it. Mega run. Great news. Let's see if the rest of 0z follows suite.

I'm amused that every single point on that map will be disappointed that their levels are getting reduced by the 0z run compared with the 18z... except for our little area, which sees an increase... so of course we're jumping for joy. Including me  :^)

Edited to add: Oh, sorry, I missed those spots in Ontario whose totals are going up. Profuse apologies, Canadians! ;^)

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, jimmosk said:

I'm amused that every single point on that map will be disappointed that their levels are getting reduced by the 0z run compared with the 18z... except for our little area, which sees an increase... so of course we're jumping for joy. Including me  :^)

Edited to add: Oh, sorry, I missed those spots in Ontario whose totals are going up. Profuse apologies, Canadians! ;^)

I went from 2" to 12". I did NOT expect that less than 12 hours out lol. Clearly the models fudged this one up. I mean the low went way east and closed off over the water. Huge changes for this close to the event. 

10 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

The governor gave me off already and the 00z models are coming in cold so mixing fears have diminished for 95 imo time for a nap and set the alarm at 2 am to watch the show unfold. Trends couldn't be better.

Hey, do you know exactly what time the heavy stuff will start? I am thinking of maybe leaving CT around 530am and getting in before the heavy stuff. I been working all evening so, been out of the loop. 

I can't believe I let myself even believe that I would jackpot with a Miller B. LOL I'm such a clown. Congrats to the eastern and southern guys with the obvious shift east that was coming sooner or later. Some things never change.

11 minutes ago, Newman said:

I can't believe I let myself even believe that I would jackpot with a Miller B. LOL I'm such a clown. Congrats to the eastern and southern guys with the obvious shift east that was coming sooner or later. Some things never change.

But it's the NAM! hang on were still a long way away from a Miller bust..why did i even say it

Just now, RedSky said:

But it's the NAM! hang on were still a long way away from a Miller bust..why did i even say it

Oh no I'm not throwing in the towel obviously lol. I was just looking forward to close to 12" but with this shift east it looks a bit more unlikely. Also, if the heaviest axis is where the NAM says it is, I would be sucking subsidence while you get pummeled.

8 minutes ago, Newman said:

Oh no I'm not throwing in the towel obviously lol. I was just looking forward to close to 12" but with this shift east it looks a bit more unlikely. Also, if the heaviest axis is where the NAM says it is, I would be sucking subsidence while you get pummeled.

Someone is gonna dryslot, like I said earlier this is one dynamic storm.

Gonna nbe like shovelling mashed potatoes

NWS Honking

“915 pm UPDATE:  Dangerous wet snow storm on its way! NO CHANGE IN SNOW AMOUNTS BUT HIGHER AMOUNTS POSSIBLE AT 4 am. No unnecessary travel is recommended by the NWS after 7am Wednesday.  This is going to be a very high impact storm with widespread power outages "probable".  Give us time to digest the new model guidance. The map posted is a minimum expectation. Also circled is the probable area of widespread power outages in our forecast area.... and we may need to expand this southeast to near Philadelphia at 4 AM. Please add your snow amounts here. We'll monitor through the night. Thank you!”

D6EC6BAD-B95A-4905-90AF-60913C8D1CF5.jpeg

2 hours ago, DiehardFF said:

Hey, do you know exactly what time the heavy stuff will start? I am thinking of maybe leaving CT around 530am and getting in before the heavy stuff. I been working all evening so, been out of the loop. 

I don't know if you got your answer, but if you leave at 5:30 am and it's a 4 hour trip (optimistic), the 3K NAM says you'll be running into the heavier snow around 8 am or so, just south of a line from Allentown to NYC.

3K_NAM_0z_3-07-18.jpg

41 minutes ago, KamuSnow said:

I don't know if you got your answer, but if you leave at 5:30 am and it's a 4 hour trip (optimistic), the 3K NAM says you'll be running into the heavier snow around 8 am or so, just south of a line from Allentown to NYC.

3K_NAM_0z_3-07-18.jpg

He may get lucky there is an indication of a lull period from 3am to 7am 

Archived