SnowHabit
March 7-8 possible snow threat

The Iceman

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Violentweatherfan said:

Thanks! 

You might have under done your totals... 

we shall see..march snowstorms always make me nervous. I'd rather bust too low honestly. ratio's won't be good but the sheer amount of precip is good for us. unfortunately with precip going up i forsee even more power outages incoming. a foot of heavy wet snow can do some damage.

Just now, The Iceman said:

we shall see..march snowstorms always make me nervous. I'd rather bust too low honestly. ratio's won't be good but the sheer amount of precip is good for us. unfortunately with precip going up i forsee even more power outages incoming. a foot of heavy wet snow can do some damage.

This looks to be a dynamic storm, I would like to see some wind. 

I have to quote "crankywx" from twitter, he said the storm will carpet bomb us lol. Now I know crankywx is in the New England area but it looks like we should cash in on the dynamics as well. 

5 minutes ago, maytownpawx said:

Eric Horst's map is out. Tremendous met from Millersville University. He was the first and loudest to bang last March that the mix line would extend WAY north and west of where virtually every model had it. As usual...he was spot on. 

View image on Twitter

Don't know the guy, but hope he fails big time this time around.  That R/S mix line is about 20 miles too NW for my liking (solely from a imby aspect, not met perspective)

I've gone through many storms where heavy wet snow is forecasted but a drier snow actually fell. If you get under the CCB with tremendous snow growth, the ratios will be much higher. Now for the most part I agree that this will be heavy and wet, but any stronger bands will raise the ratios.

6 minutes ago, Newman said:

I've gone through many storms where heavy wet snow is forecasted but a drier snow actually fell. If you get under the CCB with tremendous snow growth, the ratios will be much higher. Now for the most part I agree that this will be heavy and wet, but any stronger bands will raise the ratios.

Yep just look at last Friday. Up towards doyelstown there was blowing and drifting snow.

1 hour ago, DiehardFF said:

Mt. Holly have to bump up totals for lower bucks, to like 8"-10". We shall see.

Kudos to Mount Holly for explaining that they missed the bombing bringing more cold air in earlier than they thought for the first storm.  The senior met there also said that there were probably areas that had blizzard conditions on the last storm. Inquirer article. In central lower montco...we did.   They are confident about this storm and I am confident in them.

Archived