Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 7-8 possible snow threat

The Iceman

Just now, DiehardFF said:

Ya but we get more QPF with the CMC ha ha. Who knows. Its amazing the amount of snow difference from KDYL to KTTN area.

more qpf honestly would be better for thermals...more qpf=heavier rates. i don't trust the gfs or cmc on thermals at all after the last storm. this one is similar but we are much cooler to start.

• Replies 570
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, The Iceman said:

more qpf honestly would be better for thermals...more qpf=heavier rates. i don't trust the gfs or cmc on thermals at all after the last storm. this one is similar but we are much cooler to start.

Honestly the HRDPS makes me less worried. It did well with the last storm.

2 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

projecting the hrrr out on the latest run looks like there could be 4-6 inches already on the ground by sun rise from chester to mercer county. it really keeps looking better and better every run for se pa.

This also looks good and also performed well with the last storm.

snowfall_024h_mean.ne.f03600.png

6 minutes ago, LVblizzard said:

Looking good for 8-12” in the Lehigh Valley, 12-18” in the Poconos...feels good to be in the jackpot zone with pretty much everything this winter. Unlike previous winters where we were always on the wrong side of the cutoff.

Would agree, looking like should be a good event.  Up here at 1200' just west of Saylorsburg.

Just now, Philadelphia Snow said:

@The Iceman where can I find your forecast map that you posted earlier. I’m curious of your opinion for SEPA. Thanks in advance!

here you go...i wouldn't change a thing still except maybe moving the 10-16 a bit further nw.

2 hours ago, The Iceman said:

here is my 2nd call...possibly final call as I am not anticipating many more significant changes that would alter this map. If a final call map is warranted it will be after 18z tonight. sorry for the amateur level map :lol: this is philly centric btw so new york area and baltimore areas I could be off.

5a9eabde50c1f_2ndcall.PNG.04bcb6c2ba84310b9d7fafa052cc3009.PNG

Just now, wkd said:

I like the look of the clouds moving in from the SW.

On another note, would have been really nice if the ma people could have joined in this storm. Maybe they get theirs next week.

if the HRRR is to believe baltimore and surround area may get in on the action tonight...even dc may get an inch or two...not a secs but wouldnt be a total whiff. I'm rooting for them to get something out of this..

5 minutes ago, The Iceman said:

if the HRRR is to believe baltimore and surround area may get in on the action tonight...even dc may get an inch or two...not a secs but wouldnt be a total whiff. I'm rooting for them to get something out of this..

They been kicked in the gut while down over and over again this winter really a bad one for those guys i would rather a winter like 2012, 2017 then go through that.

Archived