• Member Statistics

Total Members
    Most Online
    SnowHabit
    Newest Member
    SnowHabit
March 7th 2018 Coastal Storm thread (not obs)

Rjay

• Replies 2.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, White Gorilla said:

Waiting for a storm where everyone in this subforum gets a foot plus.  

Extremely rare these days, however Boxing Day was close. It was the storm that really caused us to split from the Philly forum because of the disparity. 

1 minute ago, nesussxwx said:

Huge bust for anyone west of the Hudson River.

Euro absolutely atrocious.

Yup I posted about this roughly an hour ago.

The biggest difference is that the Euro was pretty much the only model that was keeping Western areas in the game, but it was hard not to give it weight given its track record up to that point. I remember getting very angry at @Snow88 for posting about how the models were still great for NYC and Long Island. A similar thing happened with the two storms at the beginning of February 2010 where I was on the wrong side of a very sharp cutoff. At least I got some revenge later that month with the snowicane. 

In my mind, I think that the shore might still get snow. The barrier islands will probably get all rain, maybe some white rain. But I am about 10 miles inland, and I thin that the storm will be a little farther to the east. It was 26 degrees this morning, and the ground was frozen. I'd say 2 - 3 for me. 

Just now, NJwx85 said:

Image result for January 2015 blizzard forecasted totals

Received exactly 0.00" in this storm, and I lived near that 24-36" in Passaic County.

And of course, the big FU radar. So close, yet so far away.

Image result for January 2015 blizzard forecasted totals

i remember seeing that band pivot in getting excited and it just died like 5 miles to my east..what a ****ty day

2 minutes ago, friedmators said:

i remember seeing that band pivot in getting excited and it just died like 5 miles to my east..what a ****ty day

Had some flurries that night around 10PM and thought maybe this is it. The flurries stopped a few minutes later and that was it.

In a lot of ways it was a bigger bust here than March 2001.

unreal.  GFS has heavy snow 50 miles northwest of city.  NYC area around 3 inches.  NAM also cut down big time from 16" to 6" for NYC. 

12z Nam rolling now...  The trend is happening QUICK and not looking good for I-95 east.

1 minute ago, Dino said:

unreal.  GFS has heavy snow 50 miles northwest of city.  NYC area around 3 inches.  NAM also cut down big time from 16" to 6" for NYC. 

12z Nam rolling now...  The trend is happening QUICK and not looking good for I-95 east.

You take clown maps way too seriously. 

• Rjay unpinned this topic

Archived